Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Experience Announce New Tour

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
You can call it whatever you like, it was a full page for a promotional company not a Jason Bonham Tribute band home page, that would be fine the other one you posted is not.

I have not said anything negative about Jason and what he does to carry on his Dad's legacy...so I have no idea what you are on about.

Do not put the link back, I am being nice about this in fact.

cool17ny

Reaction score
just a thought...All the orchestras that play Bach and Beethoven etc.. are tribute bands - thats how we humans keep the music alive - if you cant listen to and "experience" any music thats not the original guys- you are missing alot- .. great music is great music - especially Live!- original guys or not!

cool17ny

Reaction score
I was not saying anything to you specifically I was commenting on the blog stream- why do you feel you need to attack me- I already said I would not post it again - even though u are wrong- the link was a page of the Band reviews from the band promo of last years tour. .

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I am not "attacking" you...I don't do that ever, we would not be having this conversation period if I had an issue with you. No your link was a form of free advertising for a company that has a stable of artists, if you want to highlight Jason Bonham's band then find another link to his homepage. I am done talking about this.

Seeing you are zeroed in on this thread only that is also a telling sign for me...:think:

Great music has a way of hanging around for centuries, for new rock music it seems that greatness does last as well.

Years ago a friend of mine visited Australia, and one of the top bands touring there was a "Doors" tribute band. That was about twenty years ago now.

cool17ny

Reaction score
why is it "Telling sign" of anything??- I am a fan and have an opinion on this matter- and I like to blog- I guess all the others who went on and on about this subject earlier in a negative way was ok- but when I do it - its something else?? .. the link was not for free advertising it was to share band reviews for those who might be interested on another point of view.....
and here I thought with us agreeing on Great Music- we were gonna be friends :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
You didn't make an introduction.

You inserted a link in your first post.

I edited the link out, you put it back in another post.

You have not posted anywhere else in the forum, that always is the sign of someone with an agenda.

I have been patient, giving you the benefit of the doubt because you seem to be genuine about this particular tribute band.

Add it all up and it leads to one conclusion, you wanted to get your link in the forum for whatever reason, you seem to think that "tribute bands" are worth going on about more than the genuine article, which is strange to me. After all as good as Jason is he can never surpass the original band either live or on album...period.

cool17ny

Reaction score
I have no agenda- and when I reposted it- I was not aware I shouldnt because no one said not to...- when I didnt see it there- I thought it didnt take so i reposted it one time - once you told me not to- I did not post it again- and I even told you I would not ...but you continue to berate me for it anyway -

I just found this blog last nite and this was my FIRST entry - thats why I m not anywhere else in the forum yet...your conclusions about me are based on poor assumptions..but I can let it go and we can try to be friends...

Last edited:

cool17ny

Reaction score
I didnt say I like tributes better or they were better than the originals- I said quote
"if you cant listen to and "experience" any music thats not the original guys- you are missing alot- .. great music is great music - especially Live!- original guys or not!"

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Well I guess I wasn't wrong after all. Unfortunately, I am a great deal more gullible than LG and took your word for it about the tour.

Giving it more thought, ain't no way Jason Bonham's band plays in front of 5000 people on a nightly basis unless they happen to be opening for someone like the Rolling Stones, Bon Jovi or AC/DC who are in a venue seating 5000, and somehow I doubt they are.

Among numerous other reasons I don't need to bring up that can easily illustrate why Jason Bonham can't move 5000 tickets by himself, one of them is that I'm sure there are plenty of casual, garden-variety Zeppelin fans, particularly younger ones, who don't even know who the hell Jason Bonham is.

Since you appear to be a roadie or tour manager for Jason, I'm guessing you're aware he did a live Led Zeppelin tribute album with his band about 12-13 years ago and that record, which I used to own, sounds like it was performed in front of about 700-800 people judging by the crowd noise which didn't appear to be doctored. I doubt that demand has changed.

Nice try, you fooled me at first but not LG, thankfully.

cool17ny

Reaction score
I thought it was very clear we were talking about the Tour now- as in
Re: Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Experience Announce New Tour" is the subject of this blog
and if you look at the dates he is playing Now and Last year- you will see the venues are not small clubs as you implied - the Greek Theatre gig hes doing on May 27th holds 5000 - he is the the show-

the album you mentioned the live Led Zeppelin tribute album from about 12-13 years was recorded in a studio packed with fans- not in a venue- I have that album.

I am just an avid fan- and as a fan I follow the artists I like- just like a million other fans- Jason has come along way in 13yrs..as I would hope all people strive to improve...
you just seem intent on somehow showing there is something wrong with me and Im trying to "Fool you" because I am pro this tour and not slagging it..

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.