Is One Direction bigger than The Beatles?

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
You know, there are 5* of them, and there were only 4 Beatles.

*I did a yahoo search for images of One Direction to find this out.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
10505332_10152619943598678_3410710396190579690_n.jpg

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
No, not in a million years. Beatles were talented musicians who got where they did by hard work and inspired song writing. They paid their dues in full. One Direction are manufactured, 'nuff said

Khor1255

Reaction score
Are you kidding me?Are you motherfuc''ng kidding me?What sort of mindless query is this frigen bull***t?When you ask "is One DIrection" bigger than the Beatles?",you are speaking of the Beatles from Liverpool England,the one on earth,right,Because if you're not,the neighbors need to keep you away from their children.Anyone who should suppose such ridiculous quandary ought to be tar feathered,hung upside down and stoned to death.Really I shouldn't dignify the question with a response,but I suppose the best reply would be. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Is One Direction bigger than the Beatles?I don't know,was CHeap Trick bigger than Elvis?HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !

PapaJacques

Obligatory New Guy
Reaction score
Well, you know, the Monkees got a lot of stick for being 'manufactured', even though they eventually learned their own instruments and showed a lot of talent. One Direction were manufactured for a TV singing competition here in the UK, but no one seems to remember that.

Also, One Direction haven't influenced music in the same way the Beatles did. I can only imagine the sheer amazement people must've felt when 'Revolver' was released. One Direction have simply released album after album of the same teenage girl- aimed material. Their next album will be the same, and the next after that.

The Beatles were bigger, and infinitely more talented too.

Rocking Jodi

Reaction score
While I agree with Sooty about the ridiculousness about this, one thing does irritate me, what moron would come out and talk about being 'bigger than the Beatles', for a new band who's music will be forgotten before 2020? Like all other boy bands before them they have a very limited shelf life, the generation of screaming girls gets older and their younger sisters pick a new flavor of the month to attach themselves to. There is no logical explanation, this has been going on in music for decades.

I wish young people would carry themselves with a little class and let other's comment on their stature when it comes to a legacy like the Beatles.

As far as Beebs goes, I am hoping he ends up in prison with a large cellmate, perhaps then he will learn a little bit about life.:heheh:

I agree and as far as the Beebs goes...he can bend over and grab his ankles...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I think the Spice Girls were compared as well at one time ... :sm:

I remember one of my friend's 12 year daughter forced me to watch their movie...:blush2: Seriously she sat on my lap and kept me there until it was finished...:oyea:

I have to say it was better than I expected, really just their version of the Beatles "Hard Days Night" more or less.

But I never bought a Spice Girls CD either...sums it up in a nutshell.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online