Is One Direction bigger than The Beatles?

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
^^^ That is an hour or so out of your life you will never get back :heheh:

Oh and that steaming pile of dung sums it all up nicely :gig

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Aren't all of the people in the forum above the targeted age for this music anyway? It's like entering an area where preteens are and asking who they think is bigger: Justin Bieber or Frank Sinatra? I know plenty of demographics that take music seriously who don't feel an obligation to The Beatles. I'm sure there are Metal fans who are comfortably not acknowledging anyone before Sabbath as that's their icon. I'm sure a young fan of fun pop music shouldn't feel too compelled to enjoy a band that ended up as trippy as The Beatles. One Direction has that pop purity that a young listener can sink their teeth into just to learn that they even like music before they decide whether they even want anything more complex than that. Yeah The Beatles were influential as any evolutionary beginning band would have to be but they just had the advantage of having some of the earliest building blocks as opposed to creating music in an age where the blocks have been sorted like infinite Lego structures leaving very few desirable connections. Still passion, creativity and skill remains just being. Played for a cynical age in general. I respect any artist today that even dares to start a band or group today for those that feel like music died after it's fromtrunners and an audience that has it's fingers on a keyboard, venom dripping from their fangs from the second they hear the first note. Specific to the topic I'm absolutely convinced that One Direction has the equivalent of initial admiration to young girls that The Beatles had at first if you scale in that the mystique of even having a boy group getting a mass prepubescent voracious fan base simply can't seem as exciting after the first. Still I'd dare say Michael had more excited fans during his peak than anybody. Anyway' my original point is that it seems like we may as well stop any form of media or art after it's first icon as we lose perspective once an idea's in our head. When a group is touted as bigger than anyone in that moment at that time it makes enough sense as that's where the energy is especially for that demographic and time period.

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
Aren't all of the people in the forum above the targeted age for this music anyway? It's like entering an area where preteens are and asking who they think is bigger: Justin Bieber or Frank Sinatra? I know plenty of demographics that take music seriously who don't feel an obligation to The Beatles. I'm sure there are Metal fans who are comfortably not acknowledging anyone before Sabbath as that's their icon. I'm sure a young fan of fun pop music shouldn't feel too compelled to enjoy a band that ended up as trippy as The Beatles. One Direction has that pop purity that a young listener can sink their teeth into just to learn that they even like music before they decide whether they even want anything more complex than that. Yeah The Beatles were influential as any evolutionary beginning band would have to be but they just had the advantage of having some of the earliest building blocks as opposed to creating music in an age where the blocks have been sorted like infinite Lego structures leaving very few desirable connections. Still passion, creativity and skill remains just being. Played for a cynical age in general. I respect any artist today that even dares to start a band or group today for those that feel like music died after it's fromtrunners and an audience that has it's fingers on a keyboard, venom dripping from their fangs from the second they hear the first note. Specific to the topic I'm absolutely convinced that One Direction has the equivalent of initial admiration to young girls that The Beatles had at first if you scale in that the mystique of even having a boy group getting a mass prepubescent voracious fan base simply can't seem as exciting after the first. Still I'd dare say Michael had more excited fans during his peak than anybody. Anyway' my original point is that it seems like we may as well stop any form of media or art after it's first icon as we lose perspective once an idea's in our head. When a group is touted as bigger than anyone in that moment at that time it makes enough sense as that's where the energy is especially for that demographic and time period.

JUST NO! :heheh:

:tongue:

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
Jet, we all have that band we don't debate about! :). Yours is a bug and mine is an object that gets smashed on Halloween! :heheh: If you and I argued the two the forum would explode! :oyea:

I agree that's why I didn't say more. That, and I'm right. :roflmao:

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
Suuuuuuuurrrrreeeeee! :tongue: Besides this thread has come back around so much I had to throw some kind of wrench into it! :heheh:

Throw away! I'll just duck, and I'll still be right. :tongue:

Aw...

Attachments

• pumpkin_smash_6400_420b.jpg
    pumpkin_smash_6400_420b.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 8

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member