Is One Direction bigger than The Beatles?

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Wow... so it really happened. The Beatles really have surpassed Jesus.

Back in the day, a band would say they're bigger than Jesus to get some cheap press. Now adays everybody picks The Beatles, so I guess The Beatles must be bigger than Jesus now.

rocknrollpestcontroll

Jammin On The Drums
Reaction score
Well that does it XD
i_dont_want_to_live_on_this_planet_anymore_20.jpg

But to answer the question... No and never will be.
That does it allright:grinthumb One Direction could last who knows, but you never know if everybodies going to turn to some even newer band, and leave them in the dust, they could be just a short crazy fad, who knows?:tongue:
(Hey 200th Post!:guitar: )

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
One HUGE reason that no one will ever have the impact of the Beatles is that the entire industry is so different now compared to what it was back then. How many albums did the Beatles turn out in 6-7 years? Can you see anyone doing that anymore? The way that songs are released as singles is much different as well. Album purchases hardly even exist in the same manner as they did back then. Concerts were also quite a bit different. People could afford to go to concerts at stadiums and arenas. Nowdays, the price of going to a concert rivals the best seats you can get at major pro sporting events.

So aside from time NOT being on their side, the industry also isn't on their side. "Greatness" is a rarity in the music industry now mostly because the influence is hard to come by. Popularity? Sure, they could rival that. But on every other level, One Direction or any other shitty boyband that comes along won't touch the Beatles.

add do it, the Beatles actually were musicians. They wrote much of their own music (not all, yes they did some covers), but they didn't sit around waiting for their recording company/manager to hand them music written by someone else that they had to just go hump a microphone to until the next stack of music was handed to them. One Direction? I don't think they've written a single track of their own. So, by add that to the equation and it makes them nothing more than a laughable pop band that are just puppets for some record company.

Edit: I take back PART of my last point. No writing credits on the first album, 2 songs on the second and probably half of their 3rd album has writing credits from these guys. Then again the third album appears to have by far the worst reviews of the three, so perhaps their attempt to write their own stuff is the reason it's rated so low.

:heheh:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Wow, they already have three albums out, Lynch? I feel like they just started yesterday. But I guess time flies when you're having fun.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
LMAO! This is a remark from this boy just to get media attention and publicity. And the stupid media falls for it too. I have honestly not heard a single One Direction song yet and I have no interest to go exploring either. And bigger than the Beatles?? Sales wise, maybe... sure! Although I doubt that too. And since when is big sales an indicator of good music taste???

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
LMAO! This is a remark from this boy just to get media attention and publicity.

Well, it got it's very own thread here, didn't it?

The master plan is in motion.

I've got your one direction right here....exit, stage left.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online