Votes: 20 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrJim

Reaction score
You know, I've been pondering this whole 'genius businessman' tag.

Does Gene have any successful businesses outside of the KISS brand name?

I mean, does he have anything with any amount of success?

I'm not comparing his 'outside' success to the KISS merchandise cash cow, because there won't ever be anything he could do to top that.

I don't know for sure, but he may have a record label or something.

Anyhow, riding the crest of the glut merchandise hardly makes him a genius, business or otherwise.

Was the merch idea a stroke of genius? Maybe. It could just as easily be the most profitable lucky guess of all time.

Even so, what has he done since that makes him a genius businessman?

I think Gene is more a media whore than business genius.
Simmons Records one band Cobra and the Lotus.

I always thought he about branding and merchandise. Personally I have never thought of him as a genius business man. more of a opportunistic gypsy entrepreneur.

I read once where his net worth was like $300 million. also 125k per episode of that TV show. more of a opportunistic entrepreneur.

but that doesn't take anything away from him. $300million is nothing to sneeze at. :)

Gene is always "cloche and dagger" you really never know what the real story is.

Jim

Last edited:

Khor1255

Reaction score
When we are allowed to be punished for our private conversations something has gone horribly wrong. That's all I'm saying.

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
I don't hate him. I just don't care, and I don't want to know about every little thing he does.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
To take the heat off Simmons exclusively it's not like he's the only one who made ill timed or inappropriate remarks in the wake of Robin William's suicide. I think Henry Rollin's words were worse actually and I don't care if he apologized. The fact that apologies are made after backlash are worse imo. It's not like you never meant what you said.

Here's the link to Henry Rollins essay about the subject matter:

Henry Rollins slams Robin Williams for committing suicide

I just want to address one thing and it relates to the hypocrisy in these type of statements. Henry used the example of once you have kids you void the right to suicide. I get the fact that kids are hurt by it but here's where I draw the line. These celebs care for the families so much but where's the true sympathy when the families get hurt by these public statements basically calling there father a piece of shit. Maybe these families don't want their loved ones name soiled. It's bad enough they lost somebody they love. Anyway, like I said, the arrogance from Rollins outdoes what Simmons said by far imo so maybe the heat can transfer to someone else now or celebs can stop using their status to proclaim judgement on the fallen.

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
Yep Sooty, other people were caught saying unkind things. I couldn't believe this. :uh:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Yep Sooty, other people were caught saying unkind things. I couldn't believe this. :uh:

In a way that's worse. Rock stars aren't necessarily held to a sense of professionalism when they talk. That guys job is to be tactful, objective and professional. I guess relating to this thread we've proven rthat Gene Simmons isn't the only one or even the worst for running his mouth. That's why I said at the beginning, bring up something specifically that Gene had said rather than calling him a dick outright and THEN I could say "Yeah, he's a dick for saying that!" I don't approve of kicking dirt on the fallen and their families in their time of mourning in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online

No members online now.