• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Media also plays a part in downplaying the impact of depression too. And I disagree, depression is not just a mood, its an actual illness.

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
Depression is a mindset or a mood. It has been given the label of "disease" by people and corporations that stand to benefit from it being labeled as such and the slobbering sheep in society eat that up like it's gospel. "well I read it's a disease, so it must be". Meh.

People don't die from depression. People die of a LOT of things, but being depressed isn't one of them.

Whatever you say, Lynch.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Depression is a mindset or a mood. It has been given the label of "disease" by people and corporations that stand to benefit from it being labeled as such and the slobbering sheep in society eat that up like it's gospel. "well I read it's a disease, so it must be". Meh.

People don't die from depression. People die of a LOT of things, but being depressed isn't one of them.

Wow

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
Media also plays a part in downplaying the impact of depression too. And I disagree, depression is not just a mood, its an actual illness.

Thanks, I think you have much wisdom. I think the one good thing that will come out of what happened to Robin Williams is that people will see what a serious and dangerous disease it is.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
its an actual illness.

And THAT right there is what goes right over so many people's heads. Illness is not the same thing as a disease. Some of you need to grab a medical journal and read up on some definitions.

Like I said, people paint depression as a "disease" because there's money to be made from it. If you don't believe me, your head is buried quite deep in the sand.

Now, me being an asshole and calling it like it is doesn't change anything. And for the close minded in the audience that only want to read bits and pieces of a post, you can skip past here because you are beyond talking to. I am NOT saying that it's not something serious. Of course it is. BUT you aren't going to die from being depressed. You aren't going to die because you are sad, lackadaisical, uninspired, upset, bothered, etc. You will die from putting a gun in your mouth, you will die from throwing one end of a rope around your neck and the other over a shower curtain. You will not die because life dealt you cards you aren't happy with.

Go visit a ****ing cancer ward sometime. Watch a friend or family member dying of an incurable disease (yeah, one that actually kills them). Depression? Please. It's not on the same level, not the same ballpark, not even the same sport.

Flame away kids. I couldn't care less at this point. Hate me, hate Gene, hate Henry Rollins (who I have not yet commented on), who cares. we're all faceless opinions in the vastness of the internet.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I'm closing this thread. I take my own responsibility for opening the doors wide to subject matter that only has the potential to hurt those who come here for fun and leisure. I also will try to not allow threads that may be on the level of aggravating a particular fan base as we've built the place on a fair critique of the artist but try to steer away from offending the actual fan base. The critique should be done musically. That is also something I should of smothered early. I'm trying to make the best decisions possible and these were was not that. I ask that we lay this to rest. We have a great group of people here and these things cause unrest amongst people who would otherwise get along. It's common sense that getting along and keeping a good, friendly atmosphere is what and what will keep this place going. There's plenty of places where debating matters that go for the jugular and going for the jugular are allowed and encouraged. Those places tend to lose a lot of good people. i don't want that here. Thanks for understanding (I hop)! Peace! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online