If you could play guitar like anyone...

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Got to thinking about this thread. I think it might make more sense to be in the "Rock Lounge" than off-topic.

Just a thought. Admins/mods, it's up to you.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I can already hear the groans and chants of "Not Again" :heheh: but I definitely stick with Billy Corgan on this one. I know he wasn't the only one playing guitar in the Pumpkins but he was in such control as the main songwriter and played such a large portion that I still attribute him for the overall sound. So besides the fact that he's from my favorite band why would I pick him? Well they've become my favorite artist BECAUSE they've done the right things. Part of that is the melodic dreamy feel they got out of there music with the guitar. People may think I hate guitar solos. Part of that I'm guilty for but the Smashing Pumpkins have plenty of solos I love. They don't drag on and they are placed in the song to add to it and not jerk off their guitar like some bands do. They left those freedoms to use for a live audience but they still didn't overindulge and stayed faithful to the songs structure. They knew how to build perfectly. Nobody I ever heard knew how to build a soft melody and then feed the hungry listener that explosion of guitar that they've been waiting for. That's how music makes you feel. It takes you on a journey. It's the ultimate catharsis! From acoustic, to electric, to solos, to riffs, to the coolest guitar effects, Billy brought more to the table than anyone else has on guitar period! :grinthumb

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Neil Young.

For me personally, nobody else even comes close. There's a lot of guitarists I bloody love, but Neil is the only guy who I will listen to solo for hours and enjoy it. He's on a higher plain. Such a personality and style to it. While most others sound comparatively similar, I'd never mistake a Neil solo for someone else, or vice versa.

fielding

Reaction score
Jimmy Page
Alex Lifeson
Angus Young
Eddie Van Halen
Joe Perry

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members