If you could play guitar like anyone...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I was thinking of David Gilmour myself this morning Steve...something about what he can do with a few notes on a guitar just amazes me.

So many great players to pick from it really is a matter of personal taste.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
At this point, as a very new guitarist, I mostly wish that I was on the same level as my friends. I'm a bit self conscious considering the age that I'm starting and all the amazing guitar players I have around me. As for artists that I want to study and measure up to, here are the main 3...

3. Johnny Thunders
JohnnyThunders3.gif

2. Chuck Berry
ChuckBerry.jpg

1. Keith Richards
KeithRichards.jpg

SteveB

Member. 50+
Reaction score
DOC ^^^ They are some fine guitar players you've chosen there.:)
Now, as to your own playing ability, don't get dis-heartened by other people's playing ability. There will always be someone better than you, and it's usually some nine years old kid in the guitar shop.:blush:
Don't let that affect you. As long as you put in those practise sessions you'll improve. Good luck.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
I know, I know, I just wish that I had gotten serious about it sooner...Like when I was 11 and got my first guitar, or when I was 14 and finally started trying to learn chords, or when I was 17 and took a guitar class. Oh well, better late than never, I suppose. At least I have a little bit of background knowledge from all my previous attempts.

OptimisticFutureBlues

Pschonautic Outlaw
Reaction score
I know, I know, I just wish that I had gotten serious about it sooner...Like when I was 11 and got my first guitar, or when I was 14 and finally started trying to learn chords, or when I was 17 and took a guitar class. Oh well, better late than never, I suppose. At least I have a little bit of background knowledge from all my previous attempts.

I started late too. Its a pain in the ass and you think about things like that. Its a bummer but you just gotta do what you can with what you got. OR take psychedelic drugs, I swear that mushrooms brought me back to the mental capacity of an 8 year old, and I was playing for the fun of it instead of whatever reason I was playing it before. After that, pot is just a rehash sort of which brings me to about 12 or 13 not as good, but still gets things done. I have to record EVERYTHING because NOTHING specific is in my mind.
So I guess the best advice would be to just let loose, play chords that don't make sense, then play them again and tune your guitar weird, buy a slide even if you don't play blues, be creative man. I hate to advocate drugs though, if its not allowed may the almighty forum gods go ahead and butcher this post. Its all true though and I'm not ashamed of it at all.

More on the subject. I've always wanted to play guitar like Duane Allman, every once in awhile I catch myself doing the riff to "One way Out"

OptimisticFutureBlues

Pschonautic Outlaw
Reaction score
I've taken LSD several hundred times. I never tried to pick up a guitar on it, though.

Several hundred?! Your a psychedelic crusader, my friend! I could do a long description on it but I'll spare you.

Basically I got home from a MINEFIELD of events and strange people. I sat with my guitar and I played through the whole trip. I felt a connection with my guitar like I've never felt before.

Every time I would get up to go outside and have a cigarette, I would feel like the guitar was lonely and I would have to pick it up and play some more, it added a whole new dimension to my music as a whole. Longest time I went without a cigarette now that I think of it.

Next day I went and bought a wah-wah. I've done it 4 times since. Love it everytime :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online