Herb Alpert

rtbuck

Reaction score
I guess he's considered jazz

Back when I was a little kid I used to stare at this album cover
HA_WhippedCream.jpg
but I also loved the music of Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass as my Uncle who lived with us had all his records.

I was ecstatic the other day when finally after the past twenty years of searching I finally found the Theme from 'Maple Leaf Wrestling' which I never missed in the 70's. It turns out the song was titled "A Banda" by ...Herb Alpert!

Flower

retired
Reaction score
Herb Alpert

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Genres Jazz, Latin, Funk, Pop, R&B
Occupations Trumpeter, Composer, Arranger, Songwriter, Singer, Record Producer, Painter, Sculptor
Instruments Trumpet, Vocals
Years active 1957–present
Labels A&M Records
Associated acts The Tijuana Brass
Baja Marimba Band
Website Herb Alpert [ Music. Art. Life ]

Herbert "Herb" Alpert (born March 31, 1935) is an American musician most associated with the group variously known as Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass, Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass or TJB. He is also a recording industry executive — he is the "A" of A&M Records (a recording label he and business partner Jerry Moss founded and eventually sold).

Alpert's musical accomplishments include five number one hits, twenty-eight albums on the Billboard charts, eight Grammy Awards, fourteen Platinum albums and fifteen Gold albums. As of 1996, Alpert had sold 72 million albums worldwide

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My mother listened to Herb Alpert quite a bit.

I have Spanish Flea ingrained in my brain from the womb!

He has some really nice chill and bedroom music, sure beats Kenny G's music, IMO :D

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
My parents had Alpert's Whipped Cream album, which (along with Mason Williams' Phonograph Record) I listened to a lot when I was a kid.

Unfortunately it was on 8-Track tape so I was unable to see the album cover art in all of its 12"x12" glory. :(

Herb Alpert sure looked a lot like a young Mario Andretti back then. :grinthumb

marioandretti.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online