Harry Nilsson (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I remember him when I was growing up, I didn't realize he put out that much music though 17 CD's worth is a lot.

I think I have 2 or 3 of his albums, favorite song would be the one you posted from Midnight Cowboy.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
40 YEARS AGO​

With Ringo Starr and Keith Moon Son Of Dracula Movie!

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
I'll best he had quite a blast with that Rat Pack he was hangin' with in the early seventies.Ringo,John Lennon,Keith Moon and MIckey Dolenz.In Dolenz's autobiography,he tells the story of the last time he took LSD circa 1974 with Lennon and Nilsson at Brian Wilson's home.As underappreciated as he may have been by the general public,it seems Harry was EVERYBODY'S best friend.I sent an e-mail to John Lennon's 1970's mistress who got to know Harry through John and she told me that underneath all the wild boy drunken exterior,Nilsson was actually very charming and sweet and she even compared him to a teddy bear.................

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Are you particularly familiar with this one.I've always been a bit curious about it.I heard Lennon and Nilsson sobered up to do this one after a rather extended period of boozing and carousing around L.A.................

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Yeah,It always sounded to be as though the famed singers laid this one down more to occupy themselves with something other than booze for a while than to truly concentrate on making truly serious music.This one was issued towards the end of Lennon's infamous "lost weekend",just a little before he reunited with Yoko backstage at an Elton John concert.From time to time,I go back to the Nilsson anthology CD I have.Wonderful.I'd really love to check out "Pandemonium Shadow Show" and "Aerial Ballet" which from what I've heard are well worth the price of admission.I'd love to hear the original version of "Everybody's Talkin'" from "Ballet".I like his version of "One" which,of course,became Three Dog Nights first of 18 consecutive top forty singles.His vocal delivery on "Without You" is certainly one for the ages while I always get a kick out of the novelty of "Daybreak" from the "Son of Dracula" soundtrack and "Coconut" for the same reason.I know "The Lord Must Be in New York City" was a candidate for theme for "Midnight Cowboy" as well as Bob Dylan's "Lay,Lady,Lay".I find "Without Her" to be a deeply thought out concept with its hauntingly beautiful overtones.God rest the man.can you believe he's been gone for twenty years now?I recall quite well reading his obituary in the Boston Herald.Very sad.He was only 53...............

Lost Johnny

Reaction score
I recently purchased the box set secondhand for 60 bucks.I'm slowly working my way
through that.Wonderful stuff.

recordalley

Reaction score
Pink Dripping Blood on "Son of Schmilsson" album

I have a "Son of Schmilsson" record that has the blood coming off the letters on the cover & it is a different color...pink not black like all the others I've seen. Can't seem to find any info on it anywhere.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarianaMcC

Members online