Harry Nilsson (Official Thread)

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
harry-nilsson-425.jpg

Website

Discography

Funny there is no thread on this GREAT singer/songwriter.....OK so everyone digs Everybody's Talkin', but my fave song by Harry has gotta be Jump into the fire, perhaps one of the most underrated tunes of all times. Sometimes, I dig Harry more than I do Dylan :):):).....enjoy :)

Harry Edward Nilsson III (June 15, 1941 — January 15, 1994) was an American songwriter, singer, pianist, and guitarist who achieved the height of his fame during the 1960s and 1970s. For most of his recordings, he did not use his first name, and was credited only as Nilsson. Among Nilsson's best-known recordings are "Without You", "Jump into the Fire", "Everybody's Talkin'" and "Coconut".

Nilsson's personal and musical style is best described as witty and idiosyncratic, yet always he was a consummate pop craftsman much in demand especially in the late 1960s. Despite his critical and commercial successes, including two Grammy Awards and two Top 10 singles, his tendency to switch styles from one album to the next – coupled with his generally iconoclastic decision-making – prevented him from fully capitalizing on his talent.

whoisharrynilsson.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I like Harry and this is my personal favorite song.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Well thank Gawd you didn't pick "Ten Little Indians" as your favourite.

I always thought "Without You" was an 80s song - was it a hit again in the 80s? - I'm was thinking late 80s if it was, but the song itself was done in 1971! :wtf:

The Other one I like is "I Guess The Good Lord Must Be In New York City" which kind of sounds like "Everybody's Talkin'"

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
The most famous non famous songwriter. I met him at Beatlfest I believe in 1995 and he died shortly after? Very sad. R. I. P. Harry.

I know you and John are makin' music, singin' and havin' a couple of drinks somewhere. :(

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Thought the Harry Thread was a good bump.....I love SPACEMAN...this song is sooo cool!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Timing is everything so they say, and although I never bought any of Harry's albums when they came out, I did happen to find this beauty a month ago.

It's OOP but there are some copies floating around out there and I love MFSL recordings as everyone knows by now.:D

folder.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I've been on a mission the last while to collect as many as I can MP, Sony doesn't reprint them anymore which is a shame. Some of the fanatics I know are ripping the vinyl copies to 192khz 24bit for DVD quality audio playback...that is true dedication.:D

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
I know 2 of his songs, "Coconut" and "Without You" , which I think is a beautiful song.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online

No members online now.