HAGAR And ANTHONY "We had the biggest laugh over Van Halen's tour cancellation."

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
no different than when some "socialitte celebrity" shows off some leg, it's news.

The media is seriously one of THE biggest reasons for the downfall of western civilization. We pay attention to the WRONG shit all the time and let the important stuff kinda fall by the way side. By "we" I mean society on the whole which is fed by the pigs in the media.
:hab::headbang:clap::clap::clap: Great point Lynch.. so true!!

:grinthumb

Yes, thats' the RIGHT way to think...shame that THEY don't get that !

If Eddie's really as f*$%ed up as I keep hearing, maybe these guys should try getting him some help instead of bagging on him in the press.

Well Astrid and Mr. Bob.. That would have been so groovy to have a intervention on Eddie.. But really.. Eddie has one hell of a super star wall up and he's not going to let anybody tell him how to live his life.. His pride is bigger than his ability to shred a guitar.. and when is it worth the effort to waste your personal energy on trying to bring somebody out of the brink of total self destruction ???
Sammy dosn't booze it up much.. He's not into drugs.. His run in's with doing any project with Eddie has been nothing more than a contract detailed to just exactly will happen from start to finish on said project.. It's a nightmare to work with Eddie anymore..

bang 2 rites

Reaction score
blabbermouth.net

....Mike [Anthony, former VAN HALEN and current CHICKENFOOT bassist] and I had the biggest laugh when they canceled [the Soundwave Revolution festival in] Australia. He was like, 'I thought you told me they had canceled a couple months ago,' and I was, 'No, no, I told you they announced it.' 'Oh, they announced it,' and we just cracked up. They kill me."

I've been watching this story develop since it started on Billboard last night. A few sites, Blabbermouth included ran with the whole thing. Then as the day moved on, I noticed that virtually all the news sites that ran it, left out the part I've quoted above. I'm not sure why its been dropped or the process at work between the sites. I presume permission is required and if Micheal Anthony's not happy with being misquoted then I guess that could be it.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
:hab::headbang:clap::clap::clap: Great point Lynch.. so true!!

Well Astrid and Mr. Bob.. That would have been so groovy to have a intervention on Eddie.. But really.. Eddie has one hell of a super star wall up and he's not going to let anybody tell him how to live his life.. His pride is bigger than his ability to shred a guitar.. and when is it worth the effort to waste your personal energy on trying to bring somebody out of the brink of total self destruction ???
Sammy dosn't booze it up much.. He's not into drugs.. His run in's with doing any project with Eddie has been nothing more than a contract detailed to just exactly will happen from start to finish on said project.. It's a nightmare to work with Eddie anymore..

I know what your saying Slip and I know ALL to well if someone wants to destroy themselves, they will..you can't help someone who doesn't want help..but I mean

support doesn't always mean just devine intervention , sometimes it's just not being a jerk and bad mouthing each other ? I KNOW Edward deserves it alot for the crap he did to both Sammy and Mike..but they are doing pretty well now and success is the best revenge..

It would be more honorable to say..what a shame Edward...and just leave it at that ..snickering and whatnot is rather childish to me ?

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
According to reports, Van Halen didn't cancel the shows at all. The festival was canned because a second headliner couldn't be found. Though why they just didn't promote Alice Cooper who was also on the bill, I don't know.

Still, my hatred for Sammy Hagar grows with each passing day. The new Chickenfoot song is ****ing AWFUL.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
The Van Halen single will piss all over anything from Chickenfoot, I guarantee it.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
what van halen single?

see my point? you can hate on Sammy and Michael all you like, but face it, Eddie has screwed over the fans with his bullshit for nearly 14 years. How many albums has Sammy put out since he left VH? I'll tell you. EIGHT. How many has van halen put out since Sammy left? 1 and it was terribad.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
The lead off single from their new album. Good things come to those who wait Lynch...

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
we've been waiting for 13.5 years for something new from VH. I hope you don't hold your breath on anything new ever coming out. If it does, yeah I'll be ready to listen, but I lost faith in Eddie pulling his head out of his ass a long time ago.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
It's been confirmed by various individuals that the album has been recorded, it's being mixed now. I think the process for this is far enough down the line that we'll see something soon.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online