HAGAR And ANTHONY "We had the biggest laugh over Van Halen's tour cancellation."

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth.net

CHICKENFOOT/ex-VAN HALEN vocalist Sammy Hagar, who pretty much threw guitarist Eddie Van Halen and drummer Alex Van Halen under the bus in his recent memoir, told Billboard.com in a brand new interview there's no love lost with the VAN HALEN camp.

"I'm so disappointed in those guys," Hagar said. "I'm not even angry. I'm just disappointed. I really don't like them anymore, and I can't tell you how sad it is to me that what we had as creative guys, and as a friendship, how it just went away. Mike [Anthony, former VAN HALEN and current CHICKENFOOT bassist] and I had the biggest laugh when they canceled [the Soundwave Revolution festival in] Australia. He was like, 'I thought you told me they had canceled a couple months ago,' and I was, 'No, no, I told you they announced it.' 'Oh, they announced it,' and we just cracked up. They kill me."

Even though Hagar says he's happy in CHICKENFOOT, he admitted to The Pulse Of Radio that he still has feelings for his time in VAN HALEN. "You know, I miss VAN HALEN," he said. "I don't like them ****ers and **** those guys for what they did to Mikey especially, not me. Unnecessary. Bad guys. But I miss 'em, you know. [laughs] I miss that musicianship and that creative spark and that friction that made it all work, you know. So CHICKENFOOT's got all that, without the friction."

sammygold.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I am not surprised in the least by VH canceling their tour down under.

The more the new album gets delayed, the more I firmly believe Eddie Van Halen is almost beyond salvaging, his excesses have caught up with him I think. I seriously wonder if he could handle a full out tour like the Death Magnetic marathon Metallica just finished a while back.

As far as Sammy goes...I take him as seriously as a class clown these days, but if he's happy with Chickenfoot then good for him and Michael Anthony.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I think they're going to name that the "Gene Simmons Syndrome"...Shoes...:lmao:

Before the KISS Army rises to burn me at the stake...:D...I have no problem with Gene, just paying tribute to his ability to be in the news, on television, concerts, promotion tours, football games, and just about anywhere else I can think of where he can be in the public eye.

:rs:

He is one smart business man, I would hire him to manage my affairs no question.;)

bells

Reaction score
blabbermouth.net

Sammy Hagar: "I'm so disappointed in those guys," Hagar said. "I'm not even angry. I'm just disappointed. I really don't like them anymore, and I can't tell you how sad it is to me that what we had as creative guys, and as a friendship, how it just went away."

and then:

blabbermouth.net

Sammy Hagar: "You know, I miss VAN HALEN," he said. "I don't like them ****ers and **** those guys for what they did to Mikey especially, not me. Unnecessary. Bad guys. But I miss 'em, you know. [laughs] I miss that musicianship and that creative spark and that friction that made it all work, you know.

Of course, I'm a completely-not-in-the-know outsider, but IMO that kind of unresolved conflict is sad.

Ya know... I seriously wish all 5 of those guys would just get into group therapy and work it out. Or go on Jerry Springer and duke it out. (Okay, not so much on that last one.) This male soap opera is dragging on, and what a bummer. I can't help but imagine if one of them kicks the bucket, oh, the regrets and remorse. Maybe that's overly dramatic, but it seems to have all the elements of an ending full of misgivings, and hey, nobody is getting any younger or healthier. :uh: Hey guys, get in group hug while you still can! Work it out! One Love and all that good stuff!! ;-)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I just wonder why every time a rock star opens his or mouth it has to be news.
no different than when some "socialitte celebrity" shows off some leg, it's news.

The media is seriously one of THE biggest reasons for the downfall of western civilization. We pay attention to the WRONG shit all the time and let the important stuff kinda fall by the way side. By "we" I mean society on the whole which is fed by the pigs in the media.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
If Eddie's really as f*$%ed up as I keep hearing, maybe these guys should try getting him some help instead of bagging on him in the press.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
You know...didn't a little while back Sammy say he wanted to play in Van Halen again? Yeah....good luck with that. :heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online