Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wish I had voted Van Halen now.

Balance

Reaction score
My username and avatar decides. Oh! I guess it's Van Halen then! ;)

Reaction score
Yeah i'm glad Van Halen have the most votes, even though GNR are more well known, and are still a good band in my opinion.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I can't see how that's possible, if anything I would say Van Halen is far more well known than Guns & Roses. They have been around far longer, released way more albums, and are sort of still active, at least a new album is supposedly being recorded.

Hardnecker

Reaction score
Eddie Van Halen's guitar playing was ground breaking. He brought the tapping technique to the forefront and launched a whole new style of playing that still resonates. Guns and Roses made a few good records, AFD being a classic. The problem with GnR is Axl Rose. I chose Van Halen.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Spot on Hardnecker both about Eddie's influence and Axl, who I always vote for in the "biggest douche's in music" polls when the subject comes up.:D

Reaction score
I find that more people know the "Sweet Child of Mine" riff, than say... Unchained. This is just my experience, i knew about Guns way before i knew Van Halen, although i had heard of the name.

And i think Guns get way more radio play than Van Halen.

In my opinion EVH rapes Slash (guitar wise)

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Your age does have a bearing SCM, the other way around for me, VH was releasing their best albums long before you were born. I only have AFD by Guns & Roses, even though a few of my friends tried to get me into them I just never liked Axl.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online