Guns N' Roses (Official Thread)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I just saw the other day that GnR is coming to town, tickets actually go on sale this morning. At first glance, I thought "hell yeah, that'd be cool", then I thought about it. It's not GnR anymore an hasn't been for ages. It's the "Axl Rose Band" playing GnR tunes and at $80/seat, I'd rather just sit in my living room and listen to their first 3 or 4 albums/EPs and remember them for what they were.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Today Guns N' Roses payed a visit to a children's hospital in Dallas. I thought that was nice of them...

Yep, Bumblefoot is a cool dude. :heheh:

I'm sure you all can see that Axl is absent....as always. He always has been a recluse BUT this Friday he'll be giving a rare interview on That Metal Show. I saw the preview for it and I'm really curious to see what he'll say.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lynch

Reaction score
Very cool that they did this. props to them. I always have an appreciation for bands, athletes, and any other celebs that takes time out of their schedule to do something nice for people in the hospital, ESPECIALLY when it is for the kids. :bow:

(sidenote) I still have a VERY hard time calling this band anything less than the Axl Rose Band.

They sure don't look like the GnR I know and saw in the glory days:

gnrold.jpg

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If Axl was one of the founding members of the band then I think he can still call it Guns n Roses, its like Dave Mustaine how he still called it Megadeth without their classic lineup.

Lynch

Reaction score
I'm not disputing that he ~can~ call it GnR (and obviously does), but in reality, the band GnR unofficially died in about 1994 or maybe 1995.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Very cool that they did this. props to them. I always have an appreciation for bands, athletes, and any other celebs that takes time out of their schedule to do something nice for people in the hospital, ESPECIALLY when it is for the kids. :bow:

(sidenote) I still have a VERY hard time calling this band anything less than the Axl Rose Band.

They sure don't look like the GnR I know and saw in the glory days:

gnrold.jpg

So do I, especially if it's not just an obvious photo op. ;)

And I can understand what you're saying, though for me I don't care what someone calls them because I'm a fan still. Guns is actually coming to my area for the first time probably 7 or 8 years and if it wasn't the holidays and I was swamped at work I'd totally go see them.

If Axl was one of the founding members of the band then I think he can still call it Guns n Roses, its like Dave Mustaine how he still called it Megadeth without their classic lineup.

Well I think the difference with GN'R and Megadeth is that for the most part (excluding "Risk" for example) Megadeth has stayed true to their roots where as Axl took Guns to a very different place from their "classic" material when he did "Chinese Democracy". It just goes back to what seems to be the slogan for people who listen to that album, "It doesn't sound like Guns N' Roses".

Lynch

Reaction score
Guns is actually coming to my area for the first time probably 7 or 8 years
Same. In fact, I think they are going to be here next weekend. When I first heard about it, I thought "ooooh GNR!", then I thought about it some more and visions of The Axl Rose Band crept into my psyche and I deferred. :tongue:

Well I think the difference with GN'R and Megadeth is that for the most part (excluding "Risk" for example) Megadeth has stayed true to their roots where as Axl took Guns to a very different place from their "classic" material when he did "Chinese Democracy". It just goes back to what seems to be the slogan for people who listen to that album, "It doesn't sound like Guns N' Roses".
Exactly what I was thinking.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Well I have a little bit of a hard time with Guns N' Roses these days. Axl isn't looking so healthy these days and from what I keep hearing from people he sounds about the same as he looks but speaking singer to singer he was such a huge influence on me that I can't help but adore him still. I even feel bad when everyone gangs up on him. It's a very complex thing, ya know?

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe its just me though, I think that is more Guns n Roses then what say St Anger is to Metallica, I think in terms of stylistic changes St Anger was a bigger departure if you put the 2 respective bands together. Obviously one is metal and one is hard rock so its hard to compare but I am looking at it from the perspective of a fan of each band.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online