Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Green Day To Take Break After Australian Tour Dates

Green Day To Take Break After Australian Tour Dates

Green_Day.jpg

After Green Day wraps up a tour of Australia during the early part of next year, the band has announced plans to go on a break.

"We're going to Australia, doing a tour there and then we're going to take a break," frontman Billie Joe Armstrong told Jo Whiley on her BBC Radio 2 show. "We haven't really been doing much. So it's just nice to kind of do some other things, y'know, when we get ready to do Green Day again, our batteries will be charged."

While the band awaits their trip Down Under, Armstrong has released a collaborative album with Norah Jones, an Everly Brothers tribute album entitled Foreverly. The album is a track-by-track homage to the Everly Brothers' own 1958 LP, Songs Our Daddy Taught Us.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
After putting out three albums in a row like they did it's understandable that they need a break. I can't say I remember a time where Green Day wasn't touring or recording.

Eyre

Reaction score
haven't heard in ages. What is the latest song/album?

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
A random thought about Green Day...

I have to say that they are a band who I really liked initially when I heard Basket Case and When I Come Around on MTV back in the 90s. Then around 2000 or so, I lost interest and found them to be a bit juvenile and kind of a guilty pleasure. Come 2004, they absolutely blew me away with American Idiot! It is one of my favourite records of all time! I also quite enjoyed the follow-up, 21st Century Breakdown though not on the epic level of AI. As for Uno, Dos and Tre, I haven't really explored the trilogy enough. I've only heard Dos preperly so far.

Bottomline is, no matter how much I've told myself over the years that they are a guilty pleasure... that albums like Dookie and ****** were juvenile etc., I do enjoy the heck out of their music. That is the truth. They're one of the most fun rock bands I ever listened to on a regular basis. To hell with punk purists who think that Green Day is lame-o pop punk or whatever. So yeah, I do enjoy the heck out of their music even though the serious music fan in me may not always list them under fav bands. :D

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Most things I've heard by Green Day exhibit some very important hallmarks of a truly great band.One of those things is horrifiinigly lacking from most of today's wriitng market.They actually appear to have something so to say and they communicate their idioms(I suppose "American Idioms"?)quite well with rather wistfulness and accessibility towards philiosphical intention.As a group of musicians they are tight and are lead by a front man with a wonderfully distinctive singing style................

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online