Catherine Wheel /Rob Dickenson [Official thread ]

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
CATHERINE WHEEL......were an alternative rock band from Great Yarmouth UK.
The band were associated with the "shoegazing" scene, with their wall of sound guitar style..but had more of a strong pop/song structure than some of the bands of that era. One of my favourite bands of the 90s ! :grinthumb
The band were based round frontman Rob Dickinson,formed 1990....but sadly split 2000.Never big superstars, their highlight being their debut album which made the top 40 in the uk

Albums

Ferment.....1992
Chrome......1993
Happy Days.1995
Adam and Eve..1997
Wishville........2000

Crank/ Delicious/ I want to touch you/ Black metallic

Attachments

• cw group.jpg
    cw group.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
One of the better 90's alternative rock bands IMO. I really like this song from the Adam and Eve album.

Phantom of the American Mother

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Good track Jake !
Did any one know....singer Rob Dickinson is the cousin of Iron Maidens Bruce Dickinson.Bruce as we know has a passion for flying aircraft while Robs passion is customising cars.
One big regret.....I never did get to see CATHERINE WHEEL "Live", maybe one day they will reform

Show me Mary

Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
It didn't help...I forgot to put it in their Discography ! Thankfully it is now edited and correct.
Must admit I haven't got that album, but have since sent off for it.
My obsession with CATHERINE WHEEL started when a young chap in a local record store Our Price [Sweaty ] would tell me the band had released another E.p. on vinyl
So my collection has 8 Twelve inch singles and .3 albums all on vinyl and various cds
Another album to look for is the Rob Dickinson solo album "Fresh wine for the horses" [2005]

Oceans...ROB DICKINSON

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
The "Wishville" album arrived and has been on the cd player this week.This album had mixed reviews at the time .My opinion ? Sounds good to me....here are 2 of my favourites

Gasoline/ All of that

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I have been playing the"Happy Days" album all week. Yet another good album by CATHERINE WHEEL
2 outstanding tracks...please check them out :grinthumb

Heal/ Judy staring at the sun

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online