Green Day (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Green Day reveal the Official Video for "Stray Heart" off the upcoming ¡Dos!'
album, which will be released November 12, 2012. Then
December 10, 2012 is when the '¡Tré!' album will be released. This will complete the trio of albums.

Watch the video HERE.

TB_

Reaction score
December 10, 2012 is when the '¡Tré!' album will be released. This will complete the trio of albums.

Watch the video HERE.

The song was ok. And the video was pretty good until he started running after the heart. That was extremely cliche.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Watch the video HERE.

Cool!! This has been an interesting project, I have to say. I don't think another band has ever released three studio albums in 3 months.

At least nothing like that as far as I can think of.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It is an interesting project, but I have to confess I have not listened to the first album in the trio yet. I thought I would wait until the project is all complete and released, then listen to them back to back.....see if there is any connection to the 3 albums.

The only other person I can think of who releases that many albums in a year is Buckethead :grinthumb

TB_

Reaction score
I have to say that I'm really happy with how the trilogy turned out. I tried making a new album, with the best songs from the 3 different albums with a playtime between 40-50 minutes. This is how it turned out:

brutal love 1
drama queen 2
wild one 3
missing you 4
kid 5
stray heart 6
wow! that's loud 7
rusty james 8
lazy bones 9
stay the night 10
carpe diem 11
F*** time 12
stop when the red lights flash 13

I uploaded it somewhere as well, can't really submit download links on this forum though. :(

Last edited:

Born to Lose

Reaction score
Greenday was one of those bands I always just wrote off because of what they appeared to be, but a few of my friends more or less force fed me Warning and Dookie, and I kinda dig it. I even like a few of their newer songs... Wake Me Up When September Ends and Boulevard of Broken Dreams are pretty good rock songs overall.
As a guilty pleasure band, Greenday is as good as it gets I guess xD
I also used to hate their image, but then I watched "Another State of Mind" and found out that Mike Ness used to dress worse...

Born to Lose

Reaction score
I was intrigued when I heard that Greenday covered Social Distortion's "Another State of Mind", I'm a huge Social Distortion fan, and I think they did a killer cover of it. It coulda gone both ways... covering a band I love and a song that I love... but I think they did very well.

+Respect

Green Day - Another State of Mind (Social Distortion cover) - YouTube

I mean, they're no Social Distortion, but that was pretty freakin' cool.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online