Green Day (Official Thread)

limpy

Penguin Power
Reaction score
Re: Green Day

I've listen to Green Day on and off! But this is one song that makes me feel so sad and moves me inside everytime I listen to it!

Green Day - Time of your Life

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

^^I'm not a big fan of the "emo look" either Syd, but I've never let that stop me from listening to Green Day's albums. They really don't seem like a punk band to me, not compared to the late 70's early 80's punk bands I grew up with anyway.

I like GD and play American Idiot and Dookie occasionally.

^^^ Good one :heheh:

I only have one Green Day album - American Idiot which I really like. I love the songs Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Holiday, which is why I picked up the album. Not sure about their earlier stuff or 21st century breakdown - the odd songs I've heard don't really grab me.

American Idiot was probably their best album imo. Their early stuff isn't all that bad, especially with Dookie, but they really hit it out of the park with AI, especially with Boulevard of Broken Dreams. That's when I really really realized their talent.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I rediscovered "Bullet In A Bible" album recently and I forgot just how good it was. Just nothing but pure energy from the band and crowd and that's exactly what I love in my punk. :grinthumb

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score

Pre American Idiot is fine, American Idiot onwards I actively and passionately hate.

1039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours is the one for me, Paper Lanterns, Judges Daughter, classic tracks and Billy Joe's guitar solo on the later is absolutely outrageous!

Redneck

punk
Reaction score
I like their song American idiot, dunno why anyone would hate it

Tek_54

Spanish Rocker Girl
Reaction score
I like American Idiot.
But Wake Me Up When September Ends it's my fave GD son.
I really like Bascket Case, sinde...ever, Words I Might Have Ate....2000 Light Years Away....The Judge's Daughter....
I like that band, a lot

TB_

Reaction score
Their last album is so poppy...they get worse imho

Nah, they sound more "punk" now. They sound a lot more like pre-american idiot. It was only "oh love" and "kill the dj" that sounds like pop-rock (I guess?)

And btw, I said "punk" because punk fans are very sensitive with mis-labeling.

TB_

Reaction score
Aapparently Green Day have cancelled their Australlian tour as Billie Joe Armstrong has gone into re-hab.

Yup, the folks over at /r/greenday has been talking about that a lot. Let's just hope that he stops drinking and sticks to marijuana instead.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online