Green Day (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Green Day

:roflmao:

I understand. I am a casual Green Day listener, I have to be in the mood for their music.

ishu161

Reaction score

hmm....i'm still not giving up on them ;)

here's american idiot from the grammys

Fisha

Reaction score

Definately a greenday fan. Good ridance is one of the songs I grew up with and has a lot of meaning to me. OTher than that Dookie is brilliant, when I come around sits rather high on my list of favourite songs. I didnt' like American idiot origionally but then I heard Jesus of Suburbia and had a propper look into the philosify of the album and now TBH I consider it somewhat of a musical masterpeice. As far as 21st century breakdown goes 21 guns was a quality songs (despite similairityies to ELO's telephone line) Thumbs up on Greenday

ishu161

Reaction score

yup...i really like Jesus of Suburbia.....i actually didn't like it at first...seemed all noise to me, but after a couple of listens, i really got into it, haven't heard many songs like it, and i also like the story of the protagonist's journey in the song.....the whole album was awesome :)

21st century breakdown was imo,somewhat weak.....i didn't like the first single "know your enemy" very much, and some other tracks were also kinda like fillers for me, thus far, only 21 guns, and the latest "last of the american girls" are the ones i love..

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I still love (and own) the special MTV did along time ago (you know when they were MTV still). Having already been exposed to Nirvana I thought these guys were more refreshing during this time in music for sure!! (That's just my opinion though and nothing more)

I still love and remember when Billie started the song here off in the wrong key...showed no signs of concern and changed keys before singing. The mic stand went down (a fan threw something) before all this too! :heheh: :grinthumb

LOVE IT!! What a band!!

Welcome To Paradise

Basket Case

rtbuck

Reaction score

"Welcome to Paradise" is my favorite tune! My friend was in a punk band in the early
90's which toured the east coast & he told me to go out & buy an album titled 'Kerplunk' by a band called Greenday which I did & it's still my favorite by them. I like them a lot

Syd

Reaction score

Now ... this here is a band that deserves a lot more respect than the one it gets. I think they are one of the top bands nowadays, with a great live performance. They play through their entire catalog and its really dynamic because they make the audience participate.

Tre Cool is one of the best drummers ever (in my opinion) and just gives the band all their punk power. Billie Joe Armstrong also has an amazing voice.

People kinda hate Green Day because they dress kinda "emo", but let's face it, in my opinion that's just pure ignorance, because bands in the 70's or 80's weren't any more conventional with their outfits. What people see avoids them from getting to know a great band. Maybe their overplayed singles have made a lot of people hate them ... but any music fan knows that you can't judge a band by their singles, it just isn't fair.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I'm not a big fan of the "emo look" either Syd, but I've never let that stop me from listening to Green Day's albums. They really don't seem like a punk band to me, not compared to the late 70's early 80's punk bands I grew up with anyway.

I like GD and play American Idiot and Dookie occasionally.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I heard the ticket prices for the new tour were like 174 bucks for nose bleeds??

I still like Green Day but buying those tickets would make me an American Idiot.

:heheh:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

^^^ Good one :heheh:

I only have one Green Day album - American Idiot which I really like. I love the songs Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Holiday, which is why I picked up the album. Not sure about their earlier stuff or 21st century breakdown - the odd songs I've heard don't really grab me.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online