Forgotten Artists/Bands of the 80s

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I am continually amazed by how many different sub-genres there are Bob, and they are adding new ones all the time. Viking/Pagan metal the music is okay, but some of the vocals don't work for me, like the Death/Metalcore singing/screaming as well. And Black metal is just too damn depressing for me, I prefer a lighter fun metal in my diet generally.:grinthumb

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
^^I am continually amazed by how many different sub-genres there are Bob, and they are adding new ones all the time.

Heavy Metal
Thrash Metal
Doom Metal
Folk Metal
Black Metal
White Metal (aka Christian Metal)
Stoner Metal
Progressive Metal
Pagan Metal
Death Metal
Nu-Metal
Grindcore
Rap Metal
Glam Metal
Gothic Metal
Funk Metal
Symphonic Metal
Industrial Metal
Viking Metal
Speed Metal
Power Metal
Jazz Metal
Technical Thrash Metal
Experimental Metal
Crust Punk
Funeral Doom Metal
Technical Death Metal

Other day me and my friend counted all metal sub and sub-sub genres, got them 40 so far.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I agree Nolo knows some pretty obscure bands, but I much prefer the prog era of "Faithful Breath" to the latter incarnation. Never been a fan of "Viking or Pagan" metal generally speaking.

I do know some of 80s obscures, but mainly I'm into early 70s.

Tredegar, post Budgie band. I think they did release one album.

folder.png

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, this lass was in a French metal band called "Speed Queen" before she changed her stage name from "Stewy" to "Stevie" and tried to crack into the US with her brand of glossy AOR. She's only put out one album to my knowlege, 1984's Gypsy, which is pretty good.

By far the pick of the album, "Without You", featuring Bruce Kulick on the six-string and Sir Michael Bolton on backing vocals.

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
How about some Kickaxe? Pretty standard fare metal, and was fairly popular for a few years, although now it's hard to find anyone under the age of 35 or so that remembers them. IIRC they were from my home province of Saskatchewan.

Old skool!

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
How about some Kickaxe? Pretty standard fare metal, and was fairly popular for a few years, although now it's hard to find anyone under the age of 35 or so that remembers them. IIRC they were from my home province of Saskatchewan.

Old skool!

I know these lads! They did that cover of John Farnham's "Nothing's Gonna Stand in Our Way" for the Transformers soundtrack under the "Spectre General" moniker.

And on that note, anyone remember when Farnham still had something of an edge?

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
Although they released their 1st album in 1979, their biggest seller was in 1982. Axe is the group and Offering was the album. A very good hard rock album, they faded fast after it's release. They released one more album in the 80s and then nothing until the late 90s. Too bad really, they had a good sound.

Their debut in 1979 I can't find a picture of.:mad

1980's Living On The Edge

80_living_on_the_edge.jpg

1982's Offering

Axe+-+Offering+2.jpg

1983's Nemesis

axe-nemesis(atco).jpg

From Offering:

From Nemesis:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics