Forgotten Artists/Bands of the 80s

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
^^ Glad you liked them, LG. They are one of those bands that, for whatever reason, missed out on the "big-time". Of all the groups that I've heard over the years that fall into the underrated, just missed, overlooked band categories, The Call is the one that baffles me the most.:wtf: In my humble opinion, they should've been huge.

Of course I may be biased, I really like them.:cheers2

Travelin' Man

Reaction score
Another good band that barely got noticed was The Call. They released 10 albums between 1982 and 2000 and other than having a couple of songs covered for the movie Lost Boys and hitting semi-big with Let The Day Begin, they were off most people's radar. A shame as their songs were interesting and occupied a good middle ground between New Wave and Hard Rock.

And this is another case where the lead singer has died. Michael Been died in 2010 of a heart attack while helping out his son's band, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.

The Call is a great addition to this thread, RE! In keeping with the thread theme, I had forgotten about The Call until I heard about Michael Been's passing. That was when I scooped up a couple of their songs on iTunes (2 days later).

Good shtuff!

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Although they released their 1st album in 1979, their biggest seller was in 1982. Axe is the group and Offering was the album. A very good hard rock album, they faded fast after it's release. They released one more album in the 80s and then nothing until the late 90s. Too bad really, they had a good sound.

Their debut in 1979 I can't find a picture of.:mad

I really like the Axe debut, but don't have any of their other releases. Here is a pic of my album. :grinthumb

033.jpg

And my favorite song off the album...

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
^^ Thanks for the picture and video. I had no idea on how the 1st album cover looked.:grinthumb

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Martin Briley played twin speed guitar for Greenslade. I remember him soloing, while standing on one leg! What is he like as a singer? If he is better than Dave Lawson, he should also have sung lead for Greenslade.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.