Forgotten Artists/Bands of the 80s

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
I've been looking for that one myself. It's going to be a hard find.:mad

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Although they released their 1st album in 1979, their biggest seller was in 1982. Axe is the group and Offering was the album. A very good hard rock album, they faded fast after it's release. They released one more album in the 80s and then nothing until the late 90s. Too bad really, they had a good sound.

1982's Offering

Axe+-+Offering+2.jpg

From Offering:

Another GREAT tune from Offering was "Steal Another Fantasy". I've tried finding that on YT for years and have never ever seen it.

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
Another GREAT tune from Offering was "Steal Another Fantasy". I've tried finding that on YT for years and have never ever seen it.

That's the one I was trying to post but like you, could not find it.:mad

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Picture was the first real Dutch heavy metal band. Formed in 1979, they were especially popular in the Netherlands, Germany and Italy for their live performances. They still have a huge fan base in South America, Mexico and Japan.

Picture.jpg

Picture++1983.jpg

Travelin' Man

Reaction score
Stumbled across this on Youtube the other day and could not believe I had forgotten about Martin Briley. I had this on cassette tape and played the hell out of it. Then it got munched and I forgot about this album until just this week.

Martin Briley's "Salt in My Tears" is a great 80's tune! And one of the few songs that I like from that decade. I didn't get along too well with New Wave and Classic Rock was beginning to struggle in those days. I've since developed an appreciation for some New Wave, but my roots are still dug in to rock and roll soil.

I think that Tony Carey fits the bill for this thread. He played keyboards for Rainbow for a couple of years in the late 70's (you can hear it in the song that I posted). He was a one hit wonder as a solo artist, but his song "A Fine, Fine Day" was another of my 80's faves.

He had another hit with a band called Planet P Project. It's name is "Why Me." I've always dug the blonde from this video...

Last edited:

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
Martin Briley's "Salt in My Tears" is a great 80's tune! And one of the few songs that I like from that decade. I didn't get along too well with New Wave and Classic Rock was beginning to struggle in those days. I've since developed an appreciation for some New Wave, but my roots are still dug in to rock and roll soil.

I think that Tony Carey fits the bill for this thread. He played keyboards for Rainbow for a couple of years in the late 70's (you can hear it in the song that I posted). He was a one hit wonder as a solo artist, but his song "A Fine, Fine Day" was another of my 80's faves.

He had another hit with a band called Planet P Project. It's name is "Why Me." I've always dug the blonde from this video...

Good choice!:grinthumb

I just re-bought Some Tough City last summer along with Planet P's 2nd album Pink World. The 1st Planet P album survived the big "pare-down" of my CD collection, so I've always had that one. Why Me was/is a great song. Pink World is alot different than the debut and imho, not as good although it has been growing on me as of late.

A couple of other great songs off of Planet P's debut album:

And from Pink World an instrumental:

It's the kind of song that gets into the subconcious.:D

Last edited:

SixBarrelSyndicate

Danish Rockers
Reaction score
I like the cover art on the one you posted, and he sounds good as well. Another one of those bands who slipped past me.

Couldn't agree more with that comment - I must say. The album cover is what catched my eye immediately, it looks so slick and with a lot of great insinuations. The only down side is himself being on the picture at the back of the picture... That really ruins it for me, but still pretty catchy song.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online