Forgotten Artists/Bands of the 80s

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
Stumbled across this on Youtube the other day and could not believe I had forgotten about Martin Briley. I had this on cassette tape and played the hell out of it. Then it got munched and I forgot about this album until just this week.

Martin%20Briley-One%20Night%20With%20A%20Stranger.jpg

A couple of songs from this fondly remembered album:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Never heard of him or listened to him before reading your thread Bob...did he release more than one record?

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
He might have LG, but this is the only one I ever saw or heard from him. I'll do some checking around and see what I can find.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I like the cover art on the one you posted, and he sounds good as well. Another one of those bands who slipped past me.

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
Wiki says he has released 4 solo albums to date. One prior to the above and two after. He has also done numerous recordings with other artists such as Pat Benatar, Jeff Healey, Night Ranger, and Gregg Allman among others.

His other releases:

Fear Of The Unknown- 1981

Mbfotu.jpg

Dangerous Moments- 1985

Mbdm.jpg

It Comes In Waves- 2006

It_Comes_In_Waves1.jpg

One Night With A Stranger was released in 1983.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^At least I know all those other artists he played with...:heheh:

I'll sniff around and see if I can find one of his records...but might take a while.

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
Another forgotten band that had success in the 80s was Omar And The Howlers. They had been around for years but it wasn't until releasing Hard Times In The Land Of Plenty in 1987 that they got "noticed". Another one hit wonder that deserved better.

b_37971_Omar_And_The_Howlers-Hard_Times_In_The_Land_Of_Plenty-1987.jpg

And the title track and only hit:

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
^^At least I know all those other artists he played with...:heheh:

I'll sniff around and see if I can find one of his records...but might take a while.

I have no idea how those other ones sound LG. All I remember is the One Night album. I really didn't even know that he had released more albums.:blush2:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Usually a bands Best album will be in circulation somewhere,,,it's a matter of getting lucky.:grinthumb

Hah...I have heard of the second band you posted, who could forget that name...:D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online