Forgotten Artists/Bands of the 80s

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
Another GREAT tune from Offering was "Steal Another Fantasy". I've tried finding that on YT for years and have never ever seen it.

Lynch, I did find Now Or Never from Offering.:grinthumb

And a few form 1980's Living On The Edge.

Masherbrum

Riding the Steel Breeze
Reaction score
Without question a glaring "forgotten band from the 80's" would be Camper Van Beethoven.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Didn't GTR release just one record?

In fact I still have a copy..I had forgotten about them until reading your post Tireman4.:D

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
LG: yeah, GTR only had the one album that came out in 1986. Steve Hackett and Steve Howe were the obvious big names in the band. I saw them when they toured, which was pretty cool. Rather than having an opening act, Howe came out and played about a 30 minute acoustic set of just instrumental stuff. Then Hackett came out and did the same. After that the stage was set for the full band. They played pretty much the entire album if I remember correctly.

When the Heart Rules the Mind was the big single off of that album. Another lesser known tune was The Hunter

Here I Wait

Jekyll and Hyde

Tireman4

Reaction score
Here is another find...HSAS....I liked them...Hagar Schon Aaronson Shrieve (also known as HSAS) ...

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
Another good band that barely got noticed was The Call. They released 10 albums between 1982 and 2000 and other than having a couple of songs covered for the movie Lost Boys and hitting semi-big with Let The Day Begin, they were off most people's radar. A shame as their songs were interesting and occupied a good middle ground between New Wave and Hard Rock.

Their best known albums:
The-Call-Reconciled-530008.jpg
B000008DXG.jpg

If anyone's interested in The Call, their Best Of is where to start. Does a nice job covering the band.

The_Call-The_Best_Of_The_Call_3.jpg

And a few of their "hits".:grinthumb

The Call's official website for those that are interested.:grinthumb

The Call - The Official Band Page

And this is another case where the lead singer has died. Michael Been died in 2010 of a heart attack while helping out his son's band, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I missed "The Call" completely Bob...what is their very best studio album, or your favorite besides the greatest hits you posted?

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
^^Probably Reconciled is their best from start to finish. But Into The Woods is also very good. A toss-up between the two.:D Not very helpful, I guess.:grinthumb

album-into-the-woods.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll put them on my list.:hab:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1