Female Fronted Metal Bands

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Two great bands, Taboo. The 3rd and the Mortal do get some recognition in some circles, also Kari Rueslåtten's solo stuff, but Ava Inferi seem to have passed most people by, despite having Rune Eriksen in the band (Actually I think he is the mastermind behind the band).

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
The second track & first official video from Xandria's Sacrificium.

Way more epic than Dreamkeeper. I'm much more excited about the album now.

Xandria-Nightfall

Saw Xandria live last night. They were outstanding and Dianne was an absolutely perfect frontwoman. She was great with the crowd and her voice was incredibly strong live. I bought the new album at the gig and although it's way too early to really say, my gut feeling is that it's their best album yet.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I have their new album, plus Epica's new one, coming this week.

It's gonna be a good week.

Y'know, my ancestors came from Denmark to Britain....about 1400 years ago, then to N. America 350 years ago. Not much chance of us being related :grinthumb

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
^^ That would be one heck of a coincidence! :D

I bought Epica earlier today (Along with Savn, Stream Of Passion and some other stuff - not female fronted). I haven't had time to listen to Epica yet, but just about every review I have read claims it's their best album yet! Then again, reviews are always to be taken with a grain of salt.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
The 2 Epica songs I've heard so far (many times) remind me a lot of Design Your Universe, which is my favorite album of theirs, so I have high hopes.

There looks to be several bonus tracks, I hope I can get all of those too.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Yeah! I bought the digipack, which means I am missing out on four other bonus tracks and of course the whole bonus CD of the Earbook (Instrumental versions that I am not that interested in). I don't undstand this new trend, especially by Nuclar Blast, with spreding bonus tracks all over the place. I'm not gonna go out and buy 5 different versions of the album, to make sure I get all the bonus tracks (not even if it's one of my favourite bands - in which case my limit is a CD and the vinyl). I also don't get the other new trend with instrumental bonus CDs (Does anyone listen to them?). I'd prefer them to just pack all normal bonus tracks on a bonus disc.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online

No members online now.