Female Fronted Metal Bands

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wasn't ragging on anyone saying it, just not a fan of using the term like its a subcategory on its own. I judge the quality of the music whether the band is female fronted or not. I think its only really an issue when someone gives the band publicity simply because it has a female member.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I wasn't ragging on anyone saying it, just not a fan of using the term like its a subcategory on its own.

I know and once again, I agree!

I judge the quality of the music, not so much who the members are although their own individual skills can be judged but not solely.

Right on. That is the right way to do it. I do have to admit though, that on a few occasions, I've been so annoyed by individual band members/an artist, that it influenced my willingness to enjoy the band’s/the artists music! We're talking extreme cases though.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know and once again, I agree!

Right on. That is the right way to do it. I do have to admit though, that on a few occasions, I've been so annoyed by individual band members/an artist, that it influenced my willingness to enjoy the band’s/the artists music! We're talking extreme cases though.

I think the issue is more people seem to only acknowledge the work in a band by a certain member especially if female and not the rest of the band. Lacuna Coil is probably a band that has plenty of guilty fans for this.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GWuGTYiQs8U

I'll share some of my favorite female fronted metal bands: Stating with

0727361320515.jpg

Avatarium- Awesome new band ...Lief Edlin leader of the now defunct mighty Candlemass
recently put out their self titled debut with his new mates. I forget the female vocalists name off hand at the moment but great new band ....great clean vocals with old school trad doom metal.

Link to Moonhorse video top of page

Will give more recs later.

Last edited:

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I heard "Moonhorse" around the time the album came out! I really like it - the singer is great! But, for some reason I never bought the album. I might have a look around and see if I can get it cheaper somewhere!

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
I heard "Moonhorse" around the time the album came out! I really like it - the singer is great! But, for some reason I never bought the album. I might have a look around and see if I can get it cheaper somewhere!

It's really an awesome album start to finish IMO. Kind of Candlemass meets Adele I and Imean that in the very best way possible.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online