Favourite song on Lynyrd Skynyrd ''Pronounced...''

Favourite song on Pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd?

• I Ain't The One

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tuesday's Gone

• Gimme Three Steps

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Simple Man

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Things Goin' On

• Mississipi Kid

• Poison Whiskey

• Free Bird

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
The first Lynyrd Skynyrd album, or Pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nerd, to give it its proper title, is one of my all-time favourite albums and in my opinion one of rock's finest debuts. With such a stellar line up of songs, including several classic rock staples, I thought this album would be an excellent candidate for a favourite song poll.

I only included the eight songs on the original (1973) release in the poll, although if you would have voted for either of the two songs on the 2001 expanded edition, Mr. Banker and Down South Jukin', say so by all means.

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
My favourite song from this album is Simple Man. I find it difficult to describe why I love it the most but in it's own right it is a great rock ballad with such a powerful chorus and guitar break and highly resonant lyrics. It's my favourite Lynyrd Skynyrd track overall, not just from this album.

When I saw the band's documentary, I was shocked when I heard that Al Kooper told that the band he didn't think they record the song for the album as he didn't believe it was good enough. Ronnie Van Zant told him otherwise and they recorded it anyway. I'm glad that the band disagreed!

E-Z

Reaction score
Tuesday's Gone and Gimme Three Steps are good songs BUT it's got to be Free Bird dudes.

Saiyan Rocker

The Legendary Super Rocker
Reaction score
I LOVE Simple Man, I can relate to it. However, my vote went to Gimme Three Steps only because it was the first song I learned to sing. Plus, I am a man with his hair colored yellow ;)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online