Favourite Beatles Drumming?

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score
Emerick's book Here, There and Everywhere is a fascinating and extremely entertaining read. Very interesting insights into the production, engineering and recording process for most of the Beatles' recordings.

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score
Ringo is also the first rock drummer to prominently play the ride cymbal as more of a continuous "wash" of sound, employed quite a bit on the early Beatle hits.

That very technique was something I first noticed many years ago. Most of those early hits had a kind of "shimmer" to them that came from the continuous use of that cymbal. It was a very distinctive sound.

crackedactor1963

Master of Puppets !
Reaction score
All the Beatles talents have become soo overated over the last 40years as the myths developed there should come a time when it all gets forgotten apart from the music.Even that sounds kinda barren as standards rise.

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
All the Beatles talents have become soo overated over the last 40years as the myths developed there should come a time when it all gets forgotten apart from the music. Even that sounds kinda barren as standards rise.

I agree. The Beatles were an excellent band but I often think that the myth now exceeds the reality.

Standards have risen since then? I disagree. They may have risen slightly in the first few years of the seventies but they've dropped considerably in the last 25 years. Snoop Dogg and Britney Spears just don't do it for me. And before you point out that there are other acts, keep in mind that hiphop and Britney pop are the mainstream these days.

:drums:

crackedactor1963

Master of Puppets !
Reaction score
I agree. The Beatles were an excellent band but I often think that the myth now exceeds the reality.

Standards have risen since then? I disagree. They may have risen slightly in the first few years of the seventies but they've dropped considerably in the last 25 years. Snoop Dogg and Britney Spears just don't do it for me. And before you point out that there are other acts, keep in mind that hiphop and Britney pop are the mainstream these days.

:drums:

When i say standards have risen i mean nearly everywhere :oyea: you hardly hear a duff album these days.Sometimes the punch might be missing that makes it a classic but the quality of sound is good.
John Lennon is more reveared now mainly because hes dead in the same way Jim Morrison is.In the 70's the music was there but Morrison wasn't idolised as much as he is now.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online