Favorite 80's Punk band

rtbuck

Reaction score
I like the whole 77 punk thing much better, but I think I can dig something up....

Magic has a good one with Bad Religion

I guess they're an 80s band, they started in the 70s, but are one of my favorites, Social Distortion
Germs
Circle Jerks
I guess these guys are more of a 90s band, I'm not sure when they released their first album
The Offspring
I like Public Image LTD a lot sometimes, other times I wouldn't listen to them lol, depends on my mood I guess, and I obviously like the 70s bands that actually lasted through the 80s
a lot more I can't remember right now...

Good Choices!! Social D is phenominal.
I always love Circle Jerks "Golden Shower of Hits" album especially the 70's medley!
The Germs are cool too.

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Vibrators

the-vibrators-pure-mania-ahoy-cd-241.jpg

Dead Boys

dead+boys+lp:rock:.jpg

:rock:

rtbuck

Reaction score
I know these 2 bands started in the late 70's & both released their first albums in '79 but bands gained their notoriety in the early - mid 80's.
They are:
The Forgotten Rebels
I can''t tell you how many times I seen these guys in the 80's(probably at least 20 times) & they were entertaining as hell.Lead Singer Mickey DeSadist was always hilarious onstage & the band kicked ass.The Rebels are Punk w/ a bit of Glam & a splash of hard rock:

Here's "Surfin' on Heroin"

Teenage Head was another fun Canadian Punk bands who were a cool dose of Punk mixed with some good old fashioned Rock & Roll:

Here's "Luv For Sale"

Another of my favorites from the 80's was the Lords of the New Church featuring Stiv Bators of the Deadboys

My favorite of all-time...Johnny Thunders & the Heartbreakers.Led by ex NY Dolls guitarist Johnny Thunders with Walter Lure(Vocals & guitar),bassist Billy Rath,& ex NY Dolls drummer Jerry Nolan,the Heartbreakers should've ruled all punk unfortunately Substance abuse got in the way. If you want a Punk album get Johnny Thunders & the Heartbreakers "LAMF" as it's Ramones style except with screaming lead guitar solos.

Here's the Heartbreakers from 1984 with "One Track Mind/Too Much Junkie Business"

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
I still think the Clash were a sham. They attempted to introduce social relevancy into a movement based on nihilism.

:bonk:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I disagree completely Fox, and that post is not worthy of your intelligence, the Clash were one of the most influential bands of their time, crossing cultural and continental boundaries, they spoke about important things, anyone who listens to London Calling can hear that much for themselves.

They started out as a typical punk band, and became so much more than that.

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Their left wing politics grated on my nerves. It's a case of "Shut up and play punk. I'm not paying you for your political insights."

:drums:

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
The Ramones were massive as well MP.:tup:

Fox that is a much better post, I agree to a point, but I for one Enjoy a good song with a message, and the Clash did a lot of both, fun songs and political ones as well.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online

Members online