Favorite 80's Punk band

kvcoty

Reaction score
Mine was the Violent Femmes. What's your opinion?

Gearjammer

Devout Heathen
Reaction score
Yeah.....for full on angry, political punk, I'd have to say The Clash, though I love the Femmes to, and there are a whole host of great bands.

kvcoty

Reaction score
Boston had a great punk scene in the eighties. I was in college and saw alot of local talent. The Dead Kennedys stand out in my memory. Not that the memory of college is very good if you know what i mean. I don't remember much of 1983 or 1984. I had way too much fun.

cnbpjb

Reaction score
The Dead Kennedys were okay, but I loved the Pixies. Another punk band that was really good, especially in the last half of the 1980's had to be the Hoodoo Gurus (I love their "Mars Needs Guitars!" album). And of course how could I ever forget the only punk band I ever have seen in concert, The Smithereens. :cool:

kvcoty

Reaction score
I emember the song Mars Needs Guitars but I don't remember the band. I do like the Smithereens. I also liked the Sex Pistols.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Bad Religion. They still are churning out angry political tunes.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
The Clash even though they started in the seventies, they remain the Titans of the punk world to me.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
I like The Clash, The Ramones, The Plimsouls, PIL and Killing Joke. Not exactly sure if their music is Punk or Post-Punk.

johnnyrotten.jpg

:grinthumb

Reaction score
I like the whole 77 punk thing much better, but I think I can dig something up....

Magic has a good one with Bad Religion

I guess they're an 80s band, they started in the 70s, but are one of my favorites, Social Distortion
Germs
Circle Jerks
I guess these guys are more of a 90s band, I'm not sure when they released their first album
The Offspring
I like Public Image LTD a lot sometimes, other times I wouldn't listen to them lol, depends on my mood I guess, and I obviously like the 70s bands that actually lasted through the 80s
a lot more I can't remember right now...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onlineclass

Members online