Favorite 80's guitarist?

Dairenn

Recording Artist
Reaction score
Favorite 80s Guitarist? I think I actually changed the way I play the instrument after having played for over 20 years due to Paul Gilbert and watching him perform live. So, he's probably my favorite although I have a very long list of guitarists I revere in general.

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
Hate to toss the name out, but for me EVH wins this one. I like everything about his playing..created interesting solos and wasn't afraid to experiment with different sounds. In his videos he looked like he was having a good time, and this I found appealing...isn't playing rock music supposed to be fun? Growing up in the mid 80's no-one made my group of friends want to learn guitar more than Eddie, and for that he gets the top spot.

Cincinnatus

Reaction score
Stevie Ray Vaughan

....which reminds me of the great record he did with another fine and truly original player , the guy who i looked up to and even got to know a bit , Lonnie Mack . i have saw him play many times and he is one of a kind . he is a hellova blues singer too ...chickenpickin!!

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
as far as rock goes, probably Eddie Van Halen or Joe Satriani.

George Vader

B00Bs!
Reaction score
Eddies the God, honorable mentions to Randy Rhoads, Jake E Lee, Schenker, Neil Schon and Mick Marrs....only joking!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online