Everybody Gets Them But Me!

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Saying one genre is not music is the words of an elitist.
I said it.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
:heheh: Prime, you can't ever argue logic, point-counterpoint on such a love it or hate it genre because it'll never be up for one. If you or I or any other rap fan were too debate it it's easy. Can the people who hate the genre so viciously do it? Very doubtful. I can't and I listen to a great share. It's rhythm, vocal coordination, memory, speed or if it's slower it's still perfectly timed around a beat, etc. So if EVERYBODY can't do therefore it takes skill and talent. That covers the WHOLE debate but if someone makes such a bold statement then it's not up for debate and it's futile to even bother. Peace! :grinthumb

I suppose I let my inner debate get to me at times. But I see what you mean. People can hate a genre all they want, I just figured i'd get my point in from what was said, however I also see no point in doing it when it's a close minded opinion. Perhaps I was being a hypocrite, but whatev.

I'll admit to being a bit of a music snob, so I tend to take close minded opinions a bit too personally.

Last edited:

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
I could probably list bands and artists from my own library of music that even I don't fully understand why I listen to them. But, that list would be pretty lengthy, so I don't think I will even bother.

I found a CD in my collection the other day that I did n`t recognize the band`s name (Blue Moon Rising) and after giving a quick listen to, I thought "What the hell was I thinking" :oyea: I will never play it again....

My apologies to any fans or band members that may pass this way and be offended by the above statement!

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
^Don't feel too bad Garrett. Hell, I bought a Samantha Fox 45 back in the day NOT because of her music but the poster that encased the single. A case of the raging hormones nothing more nothing less. To top it off, I've NEVER even played it [grin].

On topic...The Sex Pistols. What was the rage about them again?

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I found a CD in my collection the other day that I did n`t recognize the band`s name (Blue Moon Rising) and after giving a quick listen to, I thought "What the hell was I thinking" :oyea: I will never play it again....

I went through my MP3 collection and deleted a bunch of stuff I don't even listen to anymore. I had downloaded things that I don't even remember liking at all.

On topic...The Sex Pistols. What was the rage about them again?

I'd imagine people got their music based on their name :heheh:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I went through my MP3 collection and deleted a bunch of stuff I don't even listen to anymore. I had downloaded things that I don't even remember liking at all.

Oh I like this so much.. Prime Imagine.. Having LP's and saying that.. Tangible evidence of what you liked before.. Try deleting that other than giving them away..:heheh:
You can get it back I guess down the road.. But have you ever smelled a original album from the 70's or 80's?
It dosn't smell like your I Pod..:peek

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Oh I like this so much.. Prime Imagine.. Having LP's and saying that.. Tangible evidence of what you liked before.. Try deleting that other than giving them away..:heheh:
You can get it back I guess down the road.. But have you ever smelled a original album from the 70's or 80's?
It dosn't smell like your I Pod..:peek

I'll admit that I have lessened my purchasing ever since I started downloading my music. I have a few CD's in storage somewhere that I had for years. However, I do see your point. It's probably much more difficult giving away something you purchased as opposed to deleting something you got for free.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
iPods smell so shiny and new when you take them out of the box. They're so pretty. :flirt I couldn't live without mine. I like having most of my music with me at all times.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
iPods smell so shiny and new when you take them out of the box. They're so pretty. :flirt I couldn't live without mine. I like having most of my music with me at all times.

Quit playing the pretty child and except the facts Boo Berry..:flirt

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online