Everybody Gets Them But Me!

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
I could list off a long list of "I dont get it" artists/bands

That's probably true for me as well. And that's the way it should be. If we all liked the same things or everything, life would be pretty boring. :D

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I could probably list bands and artists from my own library of music that even I don't fully understand why I listen to them. But, that list would be pretty lengthy, so I don't think I will even bother.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
^^ I loved Sublime and I'm not a stoner..:uh:

Ok.. Here's the type of groups I can't get even though I'm sure they have a following.

:yuk: What she's eating at the end is totally gross..And to me this type of music has to be the easiest to ever play.. Nothing to it at all.. NO BALLS!! NO Heavyness just plain old chords played by both guitars!!!! Learn some new shit man!!! :rolleyes:

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
I tend to find something that doesnt suck in almost anything I listen to. I'm a huge music fan and I tend to focus on whatever music is playing into my ears, whether I like it or not. It's kind of a blessing and a curse. So there's not alot of bands I don't like, as far as bands who've been around for quite a while.
One band I just never have liked is The Clash. That's not to say I dont like a little bit of old school punk rock, I just never understood why they are head-and-shoulders above all the other punk bands, according to those who know alot about that genre.

Rocket Roll

Reaction score
Ah, they just have this close-minded "rap is crap" attitude. I doubt that most people who slam rap have ever really listened to it with an open mind.

Granted, there is a great deal of garbage in the rap scene- but there is also garbage in the rock department.

Rap is an art. Love it or hate it - it's here to stay!

It's not about having a open mind, it's about being able to recognize musical talent. Rap is not music and rappers are not musicians, it's as simple as that.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
It's not about having a open mind, it's about being able to recognize musical talent. Rap is not music and rappers are not musicians, it's as simple as that.

If I may get technical, some rap artists and hip hop artists are pretty talented. That is if you consider hip hop and rap to be in the same category, which most don't. However, a lot of underground hip hop is some of the best hip hop i've ever heard.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
If I may get technical, some rap artists and hip hop artists are pretty talented. That is if you consider hip hop and rap to be in the same category, which most don't. However, a lot of underground hip hop is some of the best hip hop i've ever heard.

:heheh: Prime, you can't ever argue logic, point-counterpoint on such a love it or hate it genre because it'll never be up for one. If you or I or any other rap fan were too debate it it's easy. Can the people who hate the genre so viciously do it? Very doubtful. I can't and I listen to a great share. It's rhythm, vocal coordination, memory, speed or if it's slower it's still perfectly timed around a beat, etc. So if EVERYBODY can't do therefore it takes skill and talent. That covers the WHOLE debate but if someone makes such a bold statement then it's not up for debate and it's futile to even bother. Peace! :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online