Everybody Gets Them But Me!

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
U2... I like some of their songs but I'm not bowled over like some of their fanbase or the critics seem to be. I felt this way about Springsteen because of one music critic Robert Hilburn who for the Los Angeles Times wrote articles equating him to The Second Coming. Over time though, I've gone on to like his music. I can't comment on the choices here since I've never delved into their works.

What song is it of theirs... One?... that people think is God's gift to music? I never got the appeal with it, plus Bono is way too political. Turns me off of their stuff tbh.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
What song is it of theirs... One? ...that people think is God's gift to music? I never got the appeal with it, plus Bono is way too political. Turns me off of their stuff tbh.
It is honorable in a sense for him to use his status to champion worthwhile causes BUT after awhile yes it takes them away from their music. I saw them when they were still an up and coming band at The Sports Arena. It was a very good show. Other than that, the fervent worship they cull makes me ?...

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
It is honorable in a sense for him to use his status to champion worthwhile causes BUT after awhile yes it takes them away from their music. I saw them when they were still an up and coming band at The Sports Arena. It was a very good show. Other than that, the fervent worship they cull makes me ?...

I suppose it's a combination of ego and passion for him. Unfortunately for me (and a lot of other people) it's distracting. I daresay there's maybe two songs from U2 I can tolerate, as well as everyone else on my list, like Pat Benatar who I've always found to be incredibly bland and a little overpraised.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Then all I ask is that you spare me once you go on your painful crusade to take over the world! :bow:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I don't take over worlds, I destroy them. Big difference. ;)

SPEAKING of destroying stuff though I have a hard time getting into really pissed off metal bands. Whether is Manson or Slipknot or Cradle of Fifth or whatever....it just doesn't gel with me.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
The Grateful Dead... I TRIED to check out their material but it did not "move" me. It wasn't bad but I just couldn't get into it. There's loads of people who are serious fanatics about them and are legendary in the music pantheon. The Dead's music doesn't shake the foundations, soulful enough to make me shimmy on my rear nor remind of the darker aspects of life. Theirs is like a long psychedelic road trip along a highway which after awhile you just want to get off of.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
SPEAKING of destroying stuff though I have a hard time getting into really pissed off metal bands. Whether is Manson or Slipknot or Cradle of Fifth or whatever....it just doesn't gel with me.

1792656_o.gif

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online