Ever wonder what John Lennon would look like now?

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
That is REALLY good. I also think his music today would have a slick production value. No doubt about that.

Back to the rendition, he used an Imagine shot , and who knows, maybe John would have put some weight back on older, but at the time of his death he was pretty thin.

I would like to see a rendition from this guy from a 1980 photo. I also agree with 70's Guy that the glasses would have probably changed...maybe not these...but here's a pretty good one.

john70.jpg

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Wow MP! It gives you an almost eerie feeling to look at these.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
I agree that a reunion would have hurt their legacy. At the time they disbanded they were all still under 30 and they quit at the top of their game ("Abby Road" was the last full album they recorded together). We were spared having to watch them adopt to new styles (glitter or disco Fabs anyone?). They were also talking about making the albums more diplomatic, giving all four equal space. Would we really want to hear Beatles albums where Ringo got as many songs as John, Paul or George? They may have stumbled as solo artists, but their history as a unit is unmatched in the annuls of pop music history. But I will say I'm sad about the reasons they couldn't do it.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
I agree that a reunion would have hurt their legacy. At the time they disbanded they were all still under 30 and they quit at the top of their game ("Abby Road" was the last full album they recorded together). We were spared having to watch them adopt to new styles (glitter or disco Fabs anyone?). They were also talking about making the albums more diplomatic, giving all four equal space. Would we really want to hear Beatles albums where Ringo got as many songs as John, Paul or George? They may have stumbled as solo artists, but their history as a unit is unmatched in the annuls of pop music history. But I will say I'm sad about the reasons they couldn't do it.

To be perfectly honest, if we are talking about later input - hell yeah I'd want as much Ringo as anyone else. His latest albums are (dare I say it) better than Paul's.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
I agree with you Feldster as to the more recent albums (although I thought that "Memory Almost Full" was Paul's best since "Flaming Pie"). But I think that Mark Hudson had a lot to do with Ringo's late game resurgence. Even now that they don't work together anymore, Ringo is using the formula he got from Mark.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online