Electronica isn't all bad

Fisha

Reaction score
On this forum I continually hear techno and electronica getting bagged and I'm the first to say there's plenty of shit techno and electronica but I'd just like to say there's quite a lot of good stuff and really this is my thread to try and win over a couple of you. Please give some of it a listen even if you don't like it I think you'll at least hate it for different reasons to why you hate the other stuff

This first track is from Goldfrapps first, very operatic, album. A brilliant piece of ambient music with a huge amount of elements. If you do listen may I suggest you actually take some time to listen to all the different sounds and instruments in it

I love to use this song when it comes to breaking the electronica stigma, it's just a beautiful chill out track. Probably one of the most relaxing songs I've ever heard

This third one is very recent and quite possible that most of you have heard it. Despite the video (in fact for proper enjoyment I'd suggest not watching the video) it's a highly pleasant track which is entirely consuming, you can really get lost in it.

This last one is something a little more traditional in the realms of techno (drum and bass to be precise) but makes use of a great rock infusion and I think that you guys into modern rock will really get a kick out of it

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I do like quite a few by Pendulum Fisha :grinthumb I will give the others above a listen to later as have to log off now.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Liking Godfrapp and Pendulum is even better just fine right now Fisha and you may know by now I'm already a Gorillaz fan! Groove Armada is blocked in my country! :( I think any thread defending Electronica needs these tracks by Lamb, Massive Attack and The Doves though:

Gorecki

Teardrop

Satellite

My personal favs:

M83-We Own The Sky

Moby-God Moving Over The Face of the Water

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I like tons of electronica because I like to mix music and that's what works well if your into that.. I also like house..
I don't think any of the members on here really know what electronica is.. They associate it with a hybrid disco or something..

Some I like..

Kuaizi

Reaction score
One of my favorite electronic albums is: Hive - Devious Methods. Here's a couple tracks from it

Ultrasonic Sound

Inside the Hive

Behold a Pale Horse (great track, youtube quality not the best)

Another great electronic artist, BT:

GREAT track! Madskillz Mic Chekka

Remember

Memories in a Sea of Forgetfulness

And last but not least, I do love me some drum n bass every now and again....

Dieselboy - Symptom

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I was trying to think of the Goldfrapp song I like & found it when I listened to a few of theirs on Youtube just now, here it is:

Ooh La La

This one I love:

Propane Nightmares - Pendulum

I kinda like these two from The Prodigy, really not keen on their earlier stuff like Firestarter, Breathe and the god-awful Smack My Bitch Up though.

Warrior's Dance

Invaders Must Die

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
It's not my favorite genre but I like edm and dance music.

Just like with every genre there are certain things I like and I can leave the rest.

If you've never heard Burial before you should check out that first vid. Dubstep is all the rage these days.

Harkat

Reaction score
Ok so the lyrics aren't groundbreaking on this one but its so freaky and wtf that you just got to love it :grinthumb

the_spore

God Emperor
Reaction score
Awesome thread. I like everything I've heard so far.

When most people think of electronic music, they think of annoying ass shit like this. This what first comes to mind to most people when the term "electronic music" is mentioned. This gives electronic music a bad reputation.

Now here's some good electronic music.

The Chemical Brothers
Prepare to have an eargasm at 1:13

Pogo

Daft Punk

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
You beat me to Daft Punk spore :grinthumb Chemical Brothers are also quality :)

Probably my favourite type of electronica is known as "Electro-rock", stuff like Midnight Juggernauts and Cut Copy:

And at the moment, I'm really digging the single release of Teenage Crime by Adrian Lux:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online