Electric Light Orchestra (Official Thread)

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
This album is being re-released this month in the UK abd has been remastered again and has a DVD of the 10538 overture promo film, should be good and its not expensive, one to watch:)

51Q2tSP9s6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51cYt5FmMAL._AA300_.jpg

Not sure how long the DVD is:hm:

I'd be interested in that. :grinthumb

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
This album is being re-released this month in the UK and has been remastered again and has a DVD of the 10538 overture promo film, should be good and its not expensive, one to watch:)

51Q2tSP9s6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51cYt5FmMAL._AA300_.jpg

Not sure how long the DVD is:hm:

Got that one on vinyl, out of 2 from Roy Wood era this one is better IMO.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to check out the remaster to see it sounds any better then copy of No Answer. I really like ELO's early era..they got a bit too radio originated later on in their history for my taste but the progressive stuff is awesome

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I believe it is in 4.1:)

4.1 is fine Master Sweaty...I have a few Moody Blues classics in DTS 4.1 that sound first class.:D

Wolf, I lost interest in ELO when "Discovery" came out...however due to pressure from my friends in here...Sox, MP, Annie I have picked up a few of their later albums. But they will never supplant the early work for me either, I love ELO right up to "A New World Record" and "Out of the Blue" was okay.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
It's kind of funny, I love all ELO stuff. The second album was a bit odd, but I really like Time, Balance Of Power and Discovery. Secret Messages is okay. Partly because my dad was listening to those albums very often since I was little. My favourite from BOP - So Serious.

ELO_BalanceOfPower.png

The only album I don't have on vinyl. I must get it.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I was under the impression you didn't like "Zoom" at all Nolo...:hm:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Well I do have Time and Xanadu but not Zoom or Balance of Power. Considering Jeff was the same to ELO that Ian Anderson is to Jethro Tull what makes you categorize Zoom as a solo album instead of a regular ELO release?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online