Electric Light Orchestra (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I enjoyed that clip annie. Lot's of echo and a wierd board mix. But Bev sounds good. Great drummer, but it's clear he's not heavy drummer. His style is much better for The Move and ELO ect. It's cool that they were all fiends and he was able to come in and help however.

Don't get me wrong, you know I'm a HUGE ELO (and Bev) fan and have everything. Same with Sabbath. His style is too ...what's the word...careful and laid back for heavy metal.

But the magic he makes with ELO is equally epic in it's own right. Cool audio clip once again. :cheers2

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I think you took that the wrong way. Ian Gillan in Deep Purple equals greatness. Ian Gillan in Black Sabbath...not so much.

No, I didn't. I love Sabbath with Ian Gillan and Bev did a good job covering Bill at the time. There were some tracks that went wrong, Supernaut for example, but hey... Paranoid at Reading Festival is a beast with Bev. :grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Another favourite album of mine E L O 2 released in 1973.

"From The Sun To The World (Boogie No.1)" What a track. :bow:

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I listened to this album a while ago and to be fair it is not as good as their debut. Only two tracks, Roll Over Beethoven and an opener, I enjoyed.

70srocker

Reaction score
Ok ELO were horribly misrepresented at times some view them as lightweight disco or beatles ripoffs, i think this is unfair!
watch this video it will blow your socks off!
turn it up loud and watch these guys go nuts

Last edited:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
This album is being re-released this month in the UK and has been remastered again and has a DVD of the 10538 overture promo film, should be good and its not expensive, one to watch:)

51Q2tSP9s6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51cYt5FmMAL._AA300_.jpg

Not sure how long the DVD is:hm:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^If it has the entire album in 5.1 on the DVD let me know Master of the Brown & Gold's...:grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online