Eddie Cochran (Official Thread)

ANTHEM

Reaction score
Eddie_Cochran_1950%27s.jpg

Eddie Cochran Wikipedia

My favorite 50's rocker. He had the style, raspy punchy voice, and musical talent. "rockabilly" is also my favorite 50's rock style over the more popular doo wop pop sound. This song for example is one of the most covered in music history and for good reason because it lays down a good groove with the rhythm while lyrically talking about more realistic issues of the youth of the day like being at an age where it's time to get a job rather than worry about who your taking to the sock hop.

Discography

Singin' to My Baby Liberty LRP-3061 (November 1957)
12 of His Biggest Hits Liberty LRP-3172 (April 1960) reissued as The Eddie Cochran Memorial Album (May 1960)
Never to Be Forgotten Liberty LRP-3220 (January 1962)
Summertime Blues Sunset SUS-5123 (August 1966)
Legendary Masters Series United Artists UAS 9959 (January 1972)
The Very Best of Eddie Cochran (1975)
Great Hits (1983)
On The Air (1987)
The Best of Eddie Cochran (1987)
Greatest Hits Curb Records (1990)
Singin' to My Baby and Never to Be Forgotten EMI Records (1993)

Summertime Blues

Another good track from him. I like his use of lyrics on this one.

Twenty Flight Rock

Last edited:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
He's probably my favourite from that era too ANTHEM, as an ex session man he certainly had the licks.

"Somethin' Else"

ANTHEM

Reaction score
He's probably my favourite from that era too ANTHEM, as an ex session man he certainly had the licks.

"Somethin' Else"
Too bad he died so young because he lots of potential. Buddy Hollie was also great and had great potential.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Yeah and I think he put himself across his girlfriend to protect her in the crash, what a guy. He, Buddy, Cliff Gallup, Chuck Berry and Scotty Moore did so much for the guitar in early Rock 'N' Roll.

C'mon Everybody

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
When Paul McCartney first met John Lennon he impressed him with 20 Flight Rock :grinthumb

E-Z

Reaction score
I read something last year about if Eddie had survived the car crash the doctor's reckoned that he would have had the mind of a child with a mental age of 4-5 years old.

A BIG LOSS to early ROCK & ROLL and probably to 1960s, 70s & 80s ROCK MUSIC had Eddie lived??.

ANTHEM

Reaction score
I read something last year about if Eddie had survived the car crash the doctor's reckoned that he would have had the mind of a child with a mental age of 4-5 years old.

A BIG LOSS to early ROCK & ROLL and probably to 1960s, 70s & 80s ROCK MUSIC had Eddie lived??.
If that is true I suppose it was better that he passed on rather than linger like that but I suppose it depends on how one might look at it. And I agree, he had much more to do and would have been an even bigger influence than he already is.

E-Z

Reaction score
Apparently wot i've read about Eddie he was one of the very first (if not the first?) early rock musician's to ''use the studio'' to enhance his own studio recordings and use such things as 'double tracking' and such like.

A long with Buddy Holly Eddie Cochran was a VERY BIG LOSS to early Rock music.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online