Dream Theater (Official Thread)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Re: Dream Theater

^Amazing song, off an amazing album. I probably put Scenes From a Memory as my third favorite DT album, I think Train of Thought is my second, and Six Degrees is my first.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

^Amazing song, off an amazing album. I probably put Scenes From a Memory as my third favorite DT album, I think Train of Thought is my second, and Six Degrees is my first.

"Scenes From A Memory" is not only my favorite album from Dream Theater but my second favorite album ever. :grinthumb

Hate to say it though P&C but I don't think "Train Of Thought" or "Six Degrees..." would even crack my top five for Dream Theater. :confused:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

"Scenes From A Memory" is not only my favorite album from Dream Theater but my second favorite album ever. :grinthumb

Hate to say it though P&C but I don't think "Train Of Thought" or "Six Degrees..." would even crack my top five for Dream Theater. :confused:

Wow...I am entirely late on this response, but i'm listening to DT at the moment, so I figured i'd take a look at this thread.

I can totally understand what you are saying about Train of Thought but Stream of Consciousness just gets me everytime, but Six Degrees? That album is fantastic, especially the last 3 songs. Solitary Shell going into About To Crash going into Grand Finale, it's one of the best trio of songs i've heard. Though, putting all the Dream Theater albums together, I can definitely see why that album would be pretty low, especially with Images and Words, Octavarium and Black Clouds in comparison.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

A great track from AWAKE!! The most awesome

Space Dye Vest

Lots of Floyd In This Track :grinthumb

MN0059274.gif

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I can totally understand what you are saying about Train of Thought but Stream of Consciousness just gets me everytime, but Six Degrees? That album is fantastic, especially the last 3 songs. Solitary Shell going into About To Crash going into Grand Finale, it's one of the best trio of songs i've heard. Though, putting all the Dream Theater albums together, I can definitely see why that album would be pretty low, especially with Images and Words, Octavarium and Black Clouds in comparison.

It's not that "Six Degrees..." is a bad album but it's just not as good as other Dream Theater albums. Particularly since the first disc doesn't hold the merit of the second.

A great track from AWAKE!! The most awesome

Space Dye Vest

Lots of Floyd In This Track :grinthumb

MN0059274.gif

Yep. "Space-Dye Vest" is hands down the best song off of "Awake", which is great because one of Dream Theater's biggest criticisms are how the make their songs "overly complex" and it's actually a pretty simple song.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

It's not that "Six Degrees..." is a bad album but it's just not as good as other Dream Theater albums. Particularly since the first disc doesn't hold the merit of the second.

Ohhh, I understand now. In which case, i can agree on some parts. Especially when you compare it with Black Clouds, Images and Words, and Train of Thought. My opinion changes on the albums a lot the more or less time I take to listen to them. Those three are easily the most listened though.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

After listening to DT a bit more extensively (Still not completely, but I'm very slowly working on it) Black Clouds is still my favourite album from them. It's just got something all the others doesn't, and the whole of the Count Of Tuscany is just epic! :grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

After listening to DT a bit more extensively (Still not completely, but I'm very slowly working on it) Black Clouds is still my favourite album from them. It's just got something all the others doesn't, and the whole of the Count Of Tuscany is just epic! :grinthumb

The Count of Tuscany is probably my most listened to track off that album. The Best of Times is another amazing song. I don't think there is a song on the album that I don't like. And regardless if the album has 6 songs on it, (or if you got the special edition, the 6 instrumentals and the cover songs), the length of each song makes up for how many tracks there are.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Figured it's time for a bump, and what better way to bump this thread then with some of LaBrie's solo work:

james-labrie-singapore-2008.jpg

Album: Static Impulse

russian

Reaction score
octavarium (a dreamtheater album review)

then i listened to the album my reaction was :omg: . this album is awesome! its like a more modern and longer version of wish you were here(although i do like wish you were here a little better.) Jordans keyboard playing always gets stuck in my head and i love it! plus the title song is extremly epic! recomemded if u like pink floyd and at least 3 metal/hard rock bands.

here are some of the best songs in the album

Edit: Embedded the videos for you Russian. LG

Last edited by a moderator:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.