Dream Theater (Official Thread)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Re: octavarium (a dreamtheater album review)

Strangely, Octavarium isn't one of my favorite DT albums, though it's not my least favorite. Octavarium (song) is actually pretty amazing, I was a little hesitant of it the first time because it came off as a bit boring, but the more times I listened to it, I grew to really really enjoy it. As for the album, it's got a lot of hits and a lot of misses. Panic Attack is probably my least favorite song on the album tbh.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Dream Theater

^^I like this album, it took a while for it to grow on me at first. If I'm not mistaken Sox loves Octavarium.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: octavarium (a dreamtheater album review)

Strangely, Octavarium isn't one of my favorite DT albums, though it's not my least favorite. Octavarium (song) is actually pretty amazing, I was a little hesitant of it the first time because it came off as a bit boring, but the more times I listened to it, I grew to really really enjoy it. As for the album, it's got a lot of hits and a lot of misses. Panic Attack is probably my least favorite song on the album tbh.

"Octavarium" is one of my favorite Dream Theater albums. Top three probably. "Panic Attack" is probably my least favorite track on the album too though. At least it's a short track on the album though. ;)

I quite like "These Walls" myself. :grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Idk, I suppose i'd have to give the album more listens. It just never clicked for me the first few times, but perhaps I could give it a few spins.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

By the way, Dream Theater has released the first single "On The Backs Of Angels" from their upcoming album "A Dramatic Turn Of Events" (An appropriate title considering the lose of Mike Portnoy) yesterday. I think it's pretty good actually which is a relief because I was worried how the songwriting and lyrics were going to fair without Mr. Portnoy. As far as the drumming goes though I don't think Mike Mangin has same chemistry with the rest of the band but that's to be expected really. He does a good job though. :grinthumb

It's a good way to kick off their new album (which is coming out on September 13th), and I'm actually looking forward to it now.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

^I don't usually like to listen to single releases of new songs from new albums, but in this case, I am happy I did. This just makes me so much more excited for the album than I was already. Really really amazing song, and I can pretty much guarantee that I will enjoy the new release. I can't wait.

The whole band still sounds incredible, LaBrie, Petrucci, all of them. And Mangini does a great job, he's no Portnoy, but he's definitely showing his true talents so far.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The new album failed to impress me, that is all.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I haven't heard it yet. I will need to pick it up before I say anything.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online