Dream Theater (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Dream Theater

I wonder what the new DT album will be like without Portnoy's contributions....:think:

No matter what I'll pick up a copy, they are a fantastic band excesses and virtuosity included.:D

joe

Reaction score

I'm even wondering more on how long the next album will be(?). I don't think the sound or music will be that different.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I'm even wondering more on how long the next album will be(?). I don't think the sound or music will be that different.

Dream Theater is pulling for spring/summer of 2011 and having that set in stone is why Mike left the band in the first place.

And I think the sound will probably be noticeably different from both a drummer point of view and an overall one. Mike did handle a lot of the production after all.

mattquarterstein

Autumn Wanderer
Reaction score

I've only got Metropolis 2, and while I think they're a very talented group, I'm not in a rush to hear another album of theirs.

I enjoy Mike Portnoy's drumming on Transatlantic and Neal Morse's solo works.

joe

Reaction score

Dream Theater is pulling for spring/summer of 2011 and having that set in stone is why Mike left the band in the first place.

This means it'll probably be fall/winter or winter/spring the following years.:grinthumb

joe

Reaction score

Listened to Train Of Thought yesterday. This album is more heavy metal than prog/metal by far. Many don't put this album high on thier DT lists. I do. Massive riffage. Labrie's vocals work better in the heavy metal realm than the the prog side of prog/metal IMO. "Don't cross the crooked step".

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Through Her Eyes

Last edited by a moderator:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Listened to Train Of Thought yesterday. This album is more heavy metal than prog/metal by far. Many don't put this album high on thier DT lists. I do. Massive riffage. Labrie's vocals work better in the heavy metal realm than the the prog side of prog/metal IMO. "Don't cross the crooked step".

I completely agree. Especially for the fact that this album has Vacant and Stream of Consciousness included. I put it in my top 3 DT albums right below Six Degrees and Images & Words. Six Degrees is 1st for me.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cucukakek89apk

Members online

No members online now.