Dream Theater (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Dream Theater

What a bummer....:wa

To be honest I couldn't picture them with another drummer...he's half the show :drummin:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I agree Priest. Honestly I consider Mike to be at a level along side Neil Pert that is just miles above all other drummers in terms of raw talent. I don't know who they could find to take Mike's place that could actually play his parts.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

It's done until he returns...I have a feeling he'll be back. What could he do that could be bigger than DT??

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^It might be a while until he does decide to go back to DT. They are not going to sit around and wait indefinitely either.

I've always considered, Vocalists and then Drummers to be the hardest two spots in a band to fill, one is the signature sound of the band, and the other is essential for the group to hold together. More than one of my young aspiring musician friends have always complained that singers and drummers are by far the hardest members to find that fit with what you want to do.

I am not being fatalistic, but I feel Mike has left for good, all this nice respectful commentary is most likely genuine, but as Cosmic said there had to be behind the scenes Professional things taking place that put him in this position. He can stay friends with his old band mates on a personal level, but has decided to move on musically.

Sad day, but life goes on. I hope another Transatlantic album is forthcoming now that he has time.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

I am getting more into this band and I am lucky enough to have my friend send me copies of all of their albums so that I can research which are the ones to buy, can't wait to get them and give a whirl:)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

"Black Clouds And Silver Linings" I've been giving this 2009 release some boot lately and just got to say it gets better and better. Slap on the head-phones and bosh, excellent, musically they are all over the place a great piece of work IMO.

That's a top pick for album of the year in '09 for me Sox. I rank it in the top three of Dream Theater's work. :grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^ I agree Cosmic Harmony it would have my vote for 09 .. and of the albums I have by DT this one is up there as a stand out for sure.

joe

Reaction score

My fav behind Images And Words. I have the 3 CD version with CD 2 the band doing cover versions and CD 3 is instrumental mixes of the first two CDs. I can really hear the Rush influence on this album. Here's the bands cover of a King Crimson tune:

MP Edit: Video removed and could not find replacement :wa

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Dang, WMG has taken down the content from that video, Joe.

:wtf:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online