Do You Still Buy Cds / Vinyl?

mrJim

Reaction score
:think:

Nope I don't buy Digital Unless I have to

Yes I will Buy CD

I always prefer to buy Vinyl anymore, for the Packaging, Inserts, Art, and Sound.

Jim

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Yes there was something almost mystical about buying a nice gatefold of one of your favorite bands, taking it home unwrapping the plastic and putting it on the TT, then reading the liner notes and sleeve completed the process.

Downloading is so clinical and sterile by comparison not nearly as much fun.

And congrats on moving SDM although Greece would be a little too warm for my taste.:cheers:

Thanks, LG. I'm not too happy with the heat either, but after spending 1 or 2 months there almost every summer for about 10 years now, I guess I have gotten better at coping with it.

To stay on topic, I'm still one of those guys who will sit and read through the sleeve notes :heheh:

taha

Reaction score
I try to buy LP's, if not available I'll go to the CD and if I have to I'll download. The only thing available for the last few purchases has been download, I hate dl, I feel like I'm buying air. I want to see and hear it, read it, store it.

metalife

Reaction score
I hate dl, I feel like I'm buying air.

My thoughts exactly. I'm 100% for artist getting paid for their music, but if I was to download something I doubt I'd pay for it. The music you 'purchase' on iTunes you don't own. You can't. There's no physical copy of it and the writers / performers own the song itself so all this money people put into iTune is basically for a long term rental. You can't leave your music to your kids when you die, you can't get an album signed by a band... and how much money does Apple put back into the music industry? As far as I know they don't promote bands, produce albums, etc...

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
It ain't mine forever?

^There was a situation when well known actor Bruce Willis sued Apple [?] for not being able to pass on the music he downloaded to his daughters. Don't know what came of it however...

The Wanderer

Kids With Guns
Reaction score
Mate, I checked your age after reading your post and I have to say it always gives me hope for the future when I hear teens say stuff like this. It's like when I see a post on Youtube that goes like 'Im 14 and so sorry for what my generation has done to music.

Thank you friend :grinthumb I don't claim to "my" generation. I am my own breed, rock 'n' roll warlock :****:

mrJim

Reaction score
^There was a situation when well known actor Bruce Willis sued Apple [?] for not being able to pass on the music he downloaded to his daughters. Don't know what came of it however...
What I would like to see play out is for one of the biggest to go out of business lock stock and barrel.

just cease operations.

Then when no one has access to their music and has to rebuy it from another source, lets see if they wake up, or at least how it's dealt with.

I know its bad to feel that way but I really think it would be good for folks to learn what can happen. You would think everyone would understand that the "Cloud" is not some technological dream machine but just data stored on company computers which makes it much more convenient for the business profiting from it.

Jim

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
The only time I'll settle for a download is for the odd song I like when I don't care for the rest of the album, or if it's proving to be too difficult to get hold of a particular EP or album on physical copy and it's readily available digitally.
I will always prefer physical media, be it with music, books or films, though I do use all types and it's good to have the choice.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online