Do You Still Buy Cds / Vinyl?

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Yeah, I loved it. It was interesting to hear musicians opinions on the state of the industry. As Josh Homme said, 'the internet may be good for some things but there's no book stores and no music stores.

So many bands have the ability to record in their own home or garage, but recording in an actual studio designed for making music is so much better.

Trent Razor mentions that half the kids don't know how to use all the effects they have access too.

Yeah, that's one of the things I liked about it. The music heritage was great but the doc wasn't too cynical. It showed optimism and a good side about modern music and innovation as well. It was a bridge between old and new which also reflected on the soundtrack. Trent Reznor was shown as an example of how the newer avenues could still be artistic. Either way, anyone who loves rock music from any era should love the doc! :grinthumb

metalife

Reaction score
I thought the cool thing about the sound track is it's the only time we'll have Corey Taylor and Stevie Nicks on the same disc.

metalife

Reaction score
Speaking of that also I have no issue with people who download off Itunes even if thats their only way to buy music, its better than if they all downloaded illegally.

See I agree with paying for music. The artist shouldn't get screwed. It's their work and their livelihood. What turns me off downloading is the songs you download you don't own. You can't. There's no physical copy. A CD that you buy, you own. You don't own the music, but you own the copy. Downloading takes that away from you. If I'm spending my money, I want something that's mine.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
If it's a band I like a bunch, that I have a history with, I'll get the cd.

Otherwise, I'll just get the single online. I'm not gonna risk $20 on a band that has just one song I know for sure I like.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
What turns me off downloading is the songs you download you don't own. You can't. There's no physical copy. A CD that you buy, you own. You don't own the music, but you own the copy. Downloading takes that away from you. If I'm spending my money, I want something that's mine.

But you do own the copy with downloads as well. You own the music file.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
No you don't. Check the terms and conditions on iTunes as well as basic copyright law.

Oh. I don't know about iTunes. I don't download from there. But there are other paid sites where, as far as I understand, if I download something and the file is there under my music folder or whatever in my computer, I own it. I can do whatever the heck I want with it. I mean... that's my understanding of it.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
But you do own the copy with downloads as well. You own the music file.

Exactly and once you have bought it you don't have to pay for it again just re download it if you have to.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online