Diamond Head (Official Thread)

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
I LIKE IT! Their latest albums is excellent too, like the early ones. I would like to muse never left Tatler, and he continued to play his powerful and dashing riffs.2_sm3.gif

joe

Reaction score
Never could find Lightning To The Nations here in Canada back in the early '80's after hearing a couple tracks from "Metal Shop", a Seattle radio station weekly hourly program dedicated to heavy metal. It wasn't until Metal Blade Records released Behold The Beginning (almost identical track listing as Lightning To The Nations) in the late '80's on vinyl that I was able to acquire it. I then picked up the original version on CD in the early '90's. A NWOBHM classic.

Now there's a CD I haven't listened to in a long time, NWOBHM '79 Revisited. Wasn't it Lars Ulrich that put together the compilation(?).

joe

Reaction score
Yeah this one here joe :grinthumb

51d062e89da02806d8b46110.L._AA300_.jpg

That's it. Been many years so I've laid my ears on it. IIRC, I learned about it reading it in Rolling Stone...or maybe it was Spin. Back in the day when the rags (magazines) where the source and info of the music.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yeah that CD is a huge double thick case deal!!! Infact it is a good compilation for anyone that would like to learn about the NWOBHM sound and style. :grinthumb

Now if Lars' band could bring itself up to the standards of it's influences.

opera races

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone, for the feedback so far! :cheers2 I appreciate it!

Diamond Head - "The MCA Years" ...

At last Diamond Head :bow: got their major label record deal, signing with MCA in January 1982 ... behind the scenes more *DRAMA* stuff, coulda/woulda/shoulda and whether MCA had Diamond Head's best interests at heart (they didn't naturally it was about the music BUSINESS ...). But let's get back to the music :hb:

Diamond Head's first release from MCA was an EP called Four Cuts with the following tracks:

A. Call Me/Trick or Treat
B. Dead Reckoning/Shoot Out The Lights

DH4cutsEP.jpg

I have the 7" vinyl version of this :D

Call Me

I remember when I first saw this video on VH-1 Classic (USA) about 6 or 8 years ago. I was pleased but it also shocked the heck out of me mainly because I had no idea at that point that Diamond Head had ever done any videos and to see it broadcast on my side of the pond. I think it's a good song and I can tell a lot of people like it; however, it's always struck me as sounding like someone at MCA listened to Diamond Head's music and told them, I don't hear a single, and this is the song they came up with to give MCA their single :tongue:

Trick or Treat

I love it, a DH Halloween song! :)

Dead Reckoning

Shoot Out The Lights

I don't know why but I really like this song. Maybe it's the catchy guitar riff.

to be continued ...

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Great thread here, I have learnt some interesting facts that I never knew, I love their first album and saw them live last year and they were excellent a reall coo to see them live me thinks :)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online