DEVO (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: DEVO .Brilliant ,or just strange ?

Thanks MP:grinthumb I like it!!

They're coming to my area in July so hopefully I could make it

Sweeeet! The new CD came out right under my nose...:heheh:

I had no idea. I hope I get a chance to see them also. I never had and I trust that it would be a great time!! As long as Gates Of Steel and Beautiful World are in the set...the rest is pie!!

Here they are this year doing Beautiful world and Gates of Steel...they sound better than ever.

HELL YEAH!!!​
:oy: :mp:

Reaction score

A certain member of Devo has apparently been very busy aside from Devo:D
I saw this on my yahoo home page and thought it was pretty interesting/cool:grinthumb

Vitality - Yahoo! News

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

Whether brilliant, strange or a combination of the two, Devo was just a little too quirky for my tastes for me to be a full-time "Spud Head", but I do like some of their music.

"Satisfaction" and "Secret Agent Man" are fun covers, but "Mongoloid" and "Gates Of Steel" are my two favorite songs of theirs.

Dave78 fun fact: my neighbor married their original drummer after the band moved out here from Akron.

A certain member of Devo has apparently been very busy aside from Devo :D
Yep. Mark Mothersbough has had a production company out here in Los Angeles for years, writing and producing music for the entertainment industry.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

As someone who is overly stodgy and conservative with music for the typical 30-year old, I will say "strange."

Drifter

Reaction score

Strange to me is somebody like the Residents. At its heart, DEVO is a pure rock and roll band. I can't imagine anyone at least not enjoying something they did, particularly the early stuff.

Kuaizi

Reaction score

I looove me some DEVO! Brilliant for me, but after several albums they weren't able to execute as well. I'll have to check out the new album though!
Aside from Uncontrollable Urge and Smart Patrol/Mr. DNA (my two favorite DEVO tracks) here are a couple more of my favorites:

and I love the DEVO inspired parody "Dare to be Stupid" by Weird Al... Toaster Guitar ftw! LOL!!! :oyea:

Last edited by a moderator:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

^^^ All good songs Kuaizi, and you got CLOCKOUT in there :bow:

Smart Patrol/Mr. DNA and Gates Of Steel are my two favorite DEVO songs hands down but I have all their stuff...well all the main titles.

The new CD isn't bad at all but the old stuff, like the first 4 albums haven't been topped.

Pink Pussycat

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ONVMollie

Members online