Devin Townsend - Accelerated Evolution (2003)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Band: Devin Townsend
Album: Accelerated Evolution
Reviewer: Prime & Cunishment

cover_164853062009.jpg

There are a lot of albums by Devin Townsend, and The Devin Townsend Band combined that it's very hard to pick favorites, but Accelerated Evolution is definitely up in my top 5 personally for favorite albums by him.

It starts off with Depth Charge, which by itself, shows how powerful Townsend is on the guitar and with his vocals. I think this whole album really shows his talents as a vocalist. He puts a lot of power into them, and some of his screams are fantastic. Here's Depth Charge if you like to listen to music while reading a review:

Of course, you still get a lot of his "operatic" vocals that i'm sure you have come to love with him as a singer alone.

I personally really enjoy it when Townsend holds onto his notes whether it's his screams, or his harmonic voice, he knows how to hold onto them and make them great all at the same time. He tends to do that a lot in Random Analysis, which is slowly becoming one of my favorite tracks out of any Devin Townsend track. Though, Hyperdrive (both the Ziltoid version and the Addicted!) is still one of my top 3 songs he's ever made. But that's a different album entirely.

Probably not the best review of this album, because it's hard to put into words how much of a genius this guy really is with his music and his quality as a vocalist and a musician. So, i'll leave it with a few selected songs from the album that I have come to enjoy, and you can experience it as well as have a review for reference:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Re: Devin Townsend - Accelerated Evolution

Also, I want to add, that at 3:05 on this song, it gives me chills every time:

joe

Reaction score

Very hard to do a review on any of his albums with such a diverse and complex song structures and his over the top production. A lot of listens with concentration needing to be very focused and a good dictionary are required. A lot of time and work. It's not like doing a review of a AC/DC album.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Yeah, I realized that full on. I didn't feel my mind was fully on it as I was writing it though, but I wanted to at least get something to be able to express how much I like this guy's work.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online

Members online