Deep Purple (Official Thread)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Re: Deep Purple

The Mighty DEEP PURPLE ! I absolutely love this band's earlier stuff ( 70's and 80's comeback albums ) .While I do like their other material as well, it has never compared to the Gillian , Coverdale & Hughes early era.

I think I have every single out put these guys have ever released as official US full lengths and I mean on CD not digital download . I know I'm a little psycho right !?!?!?! :lmao:

My favorites are In Rock , MH, Who Do We.. , Fireball ,Burn , Perfect Strangers and the unsung but awesome The Battle Rages On. Burn Fireball and In Rock are 10.00's IMO.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^We are together on the CD thing DKW.:D

I am not a fan of digital downloads unless they are Lossless,,,MP3's are okay for a preview listen but I want the best quality I can possibly get.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I'm with you all the way. I'm not even a fan of saving high grade wave files on my hard drive and playing them. I what to play everything though both my stereo systems ( one in the living room and another in my bedroom. ) .

I only use my computer to hear releases to decide if I want to buy it or not.
I'm not this much of a music freak ( as inducted by my collection ) just to waste my time listening to the music I love in inferior sound quality . Others are not so picky, and that's fine with me, but I am a bit fixated on my music .

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^^^Exactly the way I feel. :grinthumb

A Gypsy Kiss

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score

I've got Machine Head and Deep Purple In Rock and I can't stop playing! Then I have Black Night and Hush as singles.
It's a shame that only Machine Head got any attention in the US, kind of like T. Rex.

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

They got lots of attention in Europe and the UK Mojo. Two or three years ago Deep Purple had a massively successful world tour. Machine Head will always be my personal fave, but they did so many other top notch albums it's hard to go wrong with them.

Some of my friends in here have "In Rock" and "Burn" rated higher than Machine Head, of course I disagree on that point.:D

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^^ In Rock is my fave followed very, very closely by Machine Head, over the years they have knocked some great albums out and IMO deserve their status as one of the all time great rock outfits.

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score

One of greatest hard rock band ever, In Rock and Machine Head are my favs. Can't wait to see them in June in Zagreb :)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

In Rock , Fireball, and Burn are my favorites. Machine Head, is a great
album though I probably like Who Do We Think We Are just as much.

Deep Purple, as I stated earlier are one of my all time favorite bands.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online